Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
SharifahArziana

Post by SharifahArziana » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 3:17 pm

Good to hear.. Hopefully it will be a smooth one for you.. =)
When is the final? i Heard this week right?

MorningKiss

Post by MorningKiss » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 5:01 pm

Not sure if they changed any stages of the interview but what I went through was:

Day 1
-Collect and fill up form from counter, after it's done, pass it back to the interview counter girls and they will tell you which group you're in.
-Group by group, height will be taken and need to do a "reach" test whereby you have to touch a tape to see how far you can reach. After that wait for group interview.
-During group interview, interviewers (had 2 interviewers in the room when I went) asked each one of us to stand up and give a brief introduction about ourself, hobbies, current job, aspirations etc. They may ask further questions to see how you respond. All will wait outside after this is done and the interviewers have some discussion among themselves then they will proceed out to call the girls who made it to the next round.
-Next round is 1-1 interview where the interviewer will want to know more in-depth about you. Like why you want to join, are you able to commit to irregular hours, family commitments etc. If pass, next will be uniform fitting round.
-Uniform fitting: They check for scars on your forearms, legs, neck, face, palm etc. Silkair's uniform is about knee length so they have to check your legs as well. Do a short walk to see if you walk properly as well as posture. They also asked me to smile to see see if it is presentable. If all's well, the lady will pass a form that would invite you to the management interview. Mine was immediately on the coming Monday.

MorningKiss

Post by MorningKiss » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 5:16 pm

Management Interview Day

-Was held at silkair office in terminal 2, about 40+ girls were selected from that day's interview.
-Bring along management interview letter, register with the interviewers and they will pass you a name sticker to stick on your top.
-Management round is conducted by almost the same group of interviewers on Day 1, plus a few managers and also some directors from higher management. I think I saw 5-6 people in the interview panel.
-Move to the centre of the room and do self-introduction to the interviewers. The interviewers will ask questions as well, based on what you have introduced, to see how you respond, also a mini "get to know you better" just so to know who they are going to hire and work with.
-After everyone introduced themselves, all will leave the room and this the time the interviewers will discuss among themselves.
-About 15 minutes later, all will gather back in the room for a Q&A. Can ask about salary, allowances etc. Drinks and snacks provided. Then is end of interview, wait for their email within the week to know if successful through medical.
-I received the email the next day and was told to go for the medical the following day. Went for medical and waited about 1 week and then received email to say all is successful and wait for letter of offer and go down to sign contract. Training commence in 1-2 month's time.

bOnejO

Post by bOnejO » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks so much for the info!

That's means only 50-50 chance as only about 20-22 people for a class. May I know how long ago was your interview? The successful candidates to final wasn't alot from what I saw for my recent interview.

MorningKiss

Post by MorningKiss » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 5:59 pm

I had my interview in May this year! It's been almost half a year already so don't know if they changed any interview steps... Have you gone for the final interview already?

bOnejO

Post by bOnejO » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 6:38 pm

The interview stages infront are the same, i think mmgt round will be the same too. Final coming thurs! Anxious and worried as the interviewer asked me this at the end : if you're not selected on finals, are you ok? I was like stunned :cry: if its you, I bet your feelings will be like me too.

I reached during lunch time, The hall was rather empty with candidates waiting to form a group of 10. After finished every stages for the day, only saw 5 including me made it for 1-1.

MorningKiss

Post by MorningKiss » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:17 pm

Hey don't worry, the interviewer asked me that during the 1-1 interview and during the management round, one of the director interviewers asked too! I told them that I would be more than happy to be able to get the offer but if it doesn't happen, I would go back to what I was doing and try again the next time. All the best to you!!! Just be yourself as they want to see personality and honesty!

qitsuneee

Post by qitsuneee » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 8:13 pm

abilgal wrote:Thanks for the advice!:)
I'm really afraid my period would come so I have been eating pills since sat. Hope it doesn't affect medical? Cuz I won't consume them tmr morning for sure. Btw, do we have to pay for this medical test? Don't think so right?
Hi, what goes on during medical for Silkair? Is it the same for SQ when you kena strip everything off?

piglet21

Post by piglet21 » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 10:25 am

Does anyone joining the open house for Silk air on 2 Mar 2013?
piglet21

tyw

Post by tyw » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 4:09 pm

piglet21 wrote:Does anyone joining the open house for Silk air on 2 Mar 2013?
Hi.. I'm going this Sat. Is this your first time??

piglet21

Post by piglet21 » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 4:18 pm

tyw wrote:
piglet21 wrote:Does anyone joining the open house for Silk air on 2 Mar 2013?
Hi.. I'm going this Sat. Is this your first time??
Yeah it is. I am so worried. Is silkair strict?
piglet21

tyw

Post by tyw » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 4:24 pm

I wont know. It's my 1st time too.. But u should be able to find their interview stages in this forum.

I'm looking for companion to go together actually.

piglet21

Post by piglet21 » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:13 pm

tyw wrote:I wont know. It's my 1st time too.. But u should be able to find their interview stages in this forum.

I'm looking for companion to go together actually.
Oh what time will you be going. I am thinking of early morning.
piglet21

airlinegirl

SilkAir Walk-In Interview 11 May 13

Post by airlinegirl » Sun, 05 May 2013 1:09 am

Their next walk-in interview on 11 May (this sat) at Intercontinental Hotel!

http://www.silkair.com/jsp/cms/en_UK/mi ... itment.jsp

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Wed, 12 Jun 2013 2:23 pm

Any cabin crew looking for room to rent?

HDB common room in Pasir Ris, max 15 min to Changi Airport.
I'm the owner. $550 fully furnished, all inclusive.
Call 9828 6601 for more details. Thanks.

Return to “Airline Careers”