Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:54 am

Hi Caris,

If im not wrong, it wont take that so long. Think it will be very fast one.
Nope.... its not first come first seve basic. That depends. If you reach there and see some peoples already. That mean you need to wait a while till its your turn.

Are you going tomorrow too?
caris wrote:Hi,

Wanna noe wil e int takes up whole day or we can go off straight after tt?Is it consider as a first come first serve basis?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:55 am

Cranbelly wrote:Will i be kick out if i dunno how to swim?

:roll:
Yes - all you have to do is learn - that should give you some time to plan your application at the same time.

Plavt.

Cool_pink

Post by Cool_pink » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:06 pm

Hey guys,

I am keen to go for the 9 a.m interview tomorrow.. but I am scared that they might reject my application as I have applied before,last Feb and got in to second round.Didn't get any email afterwards so I assumed that didn't get in for the third round of interview.

I wonder if they keep the applicant's record in their database?Should I try my luck tomorrow ?or would it be a waste of time?
I really wish to fly and it's always been my dream.I am hoping that they will give me a chance .
What should I do?Any suggestions? :???: [/code]

Cranbelly

Post by Cranbelly » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 1:27 pm

Does anyone noe how is the swimming test and uniform fitting session like?

Post by Guest » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 1:42 pm

Hi Cool_pink,

Heard from my friend say that Silkair wont accept previous applicants. As Strait Times also stated that previous applicants need not apply again. So i think and guess its better not to waste your time and end up going there being rejected.

Yup they did keep our records and will refer to it. What they want is fresh faces to join Silkair. Not only you. There are also quite many girls who like to fly also. Its also their dreams to fly too. But if you think that you really wanna give it a try and see whether will they still remember your face or not.

Then you can go down there tomorrow and give it a try and see how.
Cool_pink wrote:
Hey guys,

I am keen to go for the 9 a.m interview tomorrow.. but I am scared that they might reject my application as I have applied before,last Feb and got in to second round.Didn't get any email afterwards so I assumed that didn't get in for the third round of interview.

I wonder if they keep the applicant's record in their database?Should I try my luck tomorrow ?or would it be a waste of time?
I really wish to fly and it's always been my dream.I am hoping that they will give me a chance .
What should I do?Any suggestions? :???: [/code]

Re: Silkair Interview

Post by Guest » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 2:08 pm

Hey just relax. Dont be too anxious and nervous about it. Are you going alone by yourself tomorrow? By the way, are you a malay girl?

RaYjOc wrote:Hi everyone

Does anyone has any de-stress methods to help relax cos its the first time i am gg to try for the interview.... I will be gg on the 9th and at 9am also...

Post by Guest » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 3:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi Caris,

Nope.... its not first come first seve basic. That depends. If you reach there and see some peoples already. That mean you need to wait a while till its your turn.

Wanna noe wil e int takes up whole day or we can go off straight after tt?Is it consider as a first come first serve basis?

Hi,

I'm not sure if i'm gg 2moro coz dun feel lik wasting my leave.. If is sat den i'll go on e dot.. is it cfm tt it'll b a fast 1 coz i've got sth urgent in e late mornin..

RaYjOc

Post by RaYjOc » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 3:52 pm

Hi Guest

I am still thinking whether i should giv it a try as i dun think i have the minimum height of 158cm... I am a chinese not malay gal...

actually i got no confidence in myself and i remember abt a year ago i went to meritus and when i saw those pretty gals i just walk away... :oops:

caris

Post by caris » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 4:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi Caris,

Hi,

I'm not sure if gg 2moro coz dun feel like wastin my leave..For sat,i'll b gg earli coz hav sth urgent gg on durin late mornin..Is it cfm tt it wun tak long?

RaYjOc

Post by RaYjOc » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 4:14 pm

Hi Caris

I am sorry i am unable to giv any comments on that cos this is my first time trying for the interview... :)

caris

Post by caris » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 5:15 pm

RaYjOc wrote:Hi Guest

I am still thinking whether i should giv it a try as i dun think i have the minimum height of 158cm... I am a chinese not malay gal...

actually i got no confidence in myself and i remember abt a year ago i went to meritus and when i saw those pretty gals i just walk away... :oops:

Hi,

dun eva look down on yaself..u wanna go on which day n time?i guess no matter wat,if tis is wat ya wan,juz go n try how is it like..a new experience..

Cool_pink

Post by Cool_pink » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 8:22 am

Thank you for the great advice.
Well,I got up early this morning and decided not to go.I don't want to waste my time,I better wait for the next recruitment . .
:-|
Hope to hear some feedback to those who are going for the interview today.
Good Luck!

PawPaw

Any successful second attempts?

Post by PawPaw » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 9:28 am

Hi there,

Juz wanna noe if anybody got through the interview even though it's not their first attempt?
I've tried once for Silkair before, but since this time they said previous applicants need not apply, I'm hesitant to attempt once again....

caris

Post by caris » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:56 am

Hi,

I wld lik 2 find out how many rounds of int again and how many days wil dey b splittin up e int into?e.g. 1 shortlisted applicants spend how many days for e whole process?

VT
Regular
Regular

Post by VT » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 3:34 pm

I wld lik 2 find out how many rounds of int again and how many days wil dey b splittin up e int into?e.g. 1 shortlisted applicants spend how many days for e whole process?
hmmm... i mentioned before in this forum :roll: three rounds of interview. 1st round: 6 to 1 interview, and 1 to 1 interview.
2nd round: swimming test and uniform fitting. 3rd round: management round and tea session.
In between each round, shortlisted applicants take about three- five days to know when is their next interview. Whole process will take about a week. Cos i applied previously, they started at beggining of May and medical check up was 30th May. Hope this info help. :) not to worry.. their HR personnel are very nice, not sure if it applies to all :P but my HR personnel were alll nice and helpful ladies. :D

Return to “Airline Careers”