Singapore Expats

Silkair

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lingZZ86
Regular
Regular

Post by lingZZ86 » Sun, 25 Mar 2007 5:39 pm

Lynv wrote:Dude, I kept thinking and worrying.
Those who are selected will be informed within a week.

Yup, we are all in the room so we can hear all conversation.
In my opinion, most of the girls did well.
And I only see 26 girls, what about the 2nd batch of girls?
And only 20 will be selected in total.

:?

Hi lynv, for the second batch 27 gals are present , guess 1 did not come. . i am so worried now. . guess tmr we will get the results :D I also find that my batch of gals did very well too. . . We will update if we get the email k? HAha. . All the best to u and people out there :wink:

Lynv
Regular
Regular

Post by Lynv » Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:58 pm

Hi lingZZ86, your interview at 1530hrs?
How is it? What time did it end?

The interview at 1330hrs, 1 girl didn't come too.

I think the results will be out tomorrow too.
All the best to you too... :)

lingZZ86
Regular
Regular

Post by lingZZ86 » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:28 am

Lynv wrote:Hi lingZZ86, your interview at 1530hrs?
How is it? What time did it end?

The interview at 1330hrs, 1 girl didn't come too.

I think the results will be out tomorrow too.
All the best to you too... :)
Yes, i am from 1530hrs. I think mine is still ok :) They asked me 3 qns. . Did they ask u any qn? They didnt ask some gals any qns and i am wondering it's a gd sign if they ask? HA ha. . . I am so worried now :D

Lynv
Regular
Regular

Post by Lynv » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:44 pm

They asked me 3 questions too.
It's all personal so nothing much to elaborate.

Some girls were being asked a lot of questions.
So I think the more you say, the more they ask. Unless your answer is so perfect that they couldn't pick anything from it.

Oh yes, I remember this girl beside me, they commented she have very nice hair and if she willing to cut it. The other managment said she would have to dye her hair as well.
From what me and my friends see it, she surely be selected. This is like a 'confirm' sign... don't you think so?

lingZZ86
Regular
Regular

Post by lingZZ86 » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 1:17 pm

Lynv wrote:They asked me 3 questions too.

So I think the more you say, the more they ask. Unless your answer is so perfect that they couldn't pick anything from it.

Oh yes, I remember this girl beside me, they commented she have very nice hair and if she willing to cut it. The other managment said she would have to dye her hair as well.
From what me and my friends see it, she surely be selected. This is like a 'confirm' sign... don't you think so?

Hmm... haha... i dunno leh... did they show they like her very much? Hmm.. there's one gal i think she wil get in for sure coz they say her smile is so genuine. . . i think the X FACtor there are looking is genuine smile. . . Do the gals in ur gp say alot ? Ur speech long? Ha ha . . So worried right now . . Hope we get the news faster :)

ruzty

Post by ruzty » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 1:20 pm

lingZZ86 wrote:
Lynv wrote:They asked me 3 questions too.

Hmm... haha... i dunno leh... did they show they like her very much? Hmm.. there's one gal i think she wil get in for sure coz they say her smile is so genuine. . . i think the X FACtor there are looking is genuine smile. . . Do the gals in ur gp say alot ? Ur speech long? Ha ha . . So worried right now . . Hope we get the news faster :)
oh i think its cause the malay girl got curly hair and gt some golden stripes on her hair.thats why they ask her to dye and cut when gt in.
our grp have gt a ex sq girl.think she will get in for sure.

lingZZ86
Regular
Regular

Post by lingZZ86 » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 1:36 pm

Is it? Ex SQ? Did they ask her a lot of qns regarding her experience? Ha ha. . .I think my gp is worse , the compeition is more tense :( There's 3 ex stewardess , one frm gulf air another 2 from jetstar. . . Did all of u touch on ur working experience ? Coz i didnt . . . haha as i just grad :)

lingZZ86
Regular
Regular

Post by lingZZ86 » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 4:33 pm

Has anyone receive any email or call? I am so worried :(

Lynv
Regular
Regular

Post by Lynv » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:25 pm

Yup, I did touch on experience. My speech is not very long, in fact it's pretty short compared to other gals.
The questions they ask me are closed-answer questions.
So basically answer "yes" or "no".
Therefore, my interview with the management pretty fast and straight forward.

I didn't receive any email or call too.
Maybe we have to wait a day or two more.

Whoever received any news, please share your joy! :D

chanyl

Try other airlines

Post by chanyl » Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:56 pm

Hi Ladies,

I can understand your angony, cos i've been through that stage.
Like many of you, i wanted so much to be a cabin crew since a little girl and it's like a dream come through when i got in silkair 2 years back. What i'd like to share with you gals is that it has been a big mistake for me to step into silkair. I believe that you gals wanna fly bcos u wanna see e world, but trust me that silkair is not the place that u wanna be in. I left silkair a few months back n i've not regret a bit since then. The work is not equivalent to the pay that you deserve and e experience gained is not worth sacrificing ur youth. Pls try other international airlines if "flying" is wat u want, not just a turnaround waitress.
I just got into a new airline in UAE, Etihad Airways. Although it's really a very new airline, but i see the potential in it, as it's aiming to be UAE's national carrier. The airline is expanding at a scary speed, therefore i've decided to give it a shot. Etihad Airways is having a major recruitment now, so it's a good chance to try.
Send ur CV to [email protected] if u wanna give it a shot.

Regards,
Ms Chan
~ I Believe I Can FLY~

Lynv
Regular
Regular

Post by Lynv » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:20 am

Hmmm... I guess whoever applied to which ever airlines should already do their own research on the airline.

Clearly by now all applicants to Silkair know they only do turnaround flight.
I personally feel that Silkair is for me because it's turnaround therefore I can come home everyday.
Comparing to see the world, to further explain my defination to this, it means to travel to different country and experience the culture and SEEing the place.
I wanted to be a cabin crew because I love my time in the airplane, and I like the feeling of being in another country and back to SIN the same day.

chanyl, thank you for sharing your views with us.
I guess the only thing I want now is to get into Silkair and verify your posting.

Aviator

Re: Try other airlines

Post by Aviator » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 1:11 am

chanyl wrote:Hi Ladies,

I can understand your angony, cos i've been through that stage.
Like many of you, i wanted so much to be a cabin crew since a little girl and it's like a dream come through when i got in silkair 2 years back. What i'd like to share with you gals is that it has been a big mistake for me to step into silkair. I believe that you gals wanna fly bcos u wanna see e world, but trust me that silkair is not the place that u wanna be in. I left silkair a few months back n i've not regret a bit since then. The work is not equivalent to the pay that you deserve and e experience gained is not worth sacrificing ur youth. Pls try other international airlines if "flying" is wat u want, not just a turnaround waitress.
I just got into a new airline in UAE, Etihad Airways. Although it's really a very new airline, but i see the potential in it, as it's aiming to be UAE's national carrier. The airline is expanding at a scary speed, therefore i've decided to give it a shot. Etihad Airways is having a major recruitment now, so it's a good chance to try.
Send ur CV to [email protected] if u wanna give it a shot.

Regards,
Ms Chan
While there many unhappy crew that leave, there are also many others that stay because they really like the job here. There are quita a few SQ gals that leave SQ to join silkair because they want to start a family.
Anyway, I believe there is much less bitching than what there is in our sister company (SIA).

It really depends on what u want. If your main aim is to see the world and carry LVs, you will be truely disappointed if u join Silkair. I would be honest, if my friends ask my opinion, i would recommend them to join SIA rather than Silkair too, because the $ is more and u get to see the world. However, it also depends if u meet SIA acadamic qualifications. Anyway, after one or two years in Silkair, and then if u want something else, you can always join other airlines like Ms Chan did... ;)

lingZZ86
Regular
Regular

Post by lingZZ86 » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 8:54 am

Lynv wrote:Yup, I did touch on experience. My speech is not very long, in fact it's pretty short compared to other gals.
The questions they ask me are closed-answer questions.
So basically answer "yes" or "no".
Therefore, my interview with the management pretty fast and straight forward.

I didn't receive any email or call too.
Maybe we have to wait a day or two more.

Whoever received any news, please share your joy! :D
Yoz, think we will receive it this noon . . . Someone told me but cannot reveal. . haha. . .Good luck to all! Pray hard we will get it today :)

shan1984
Regular
Regular

Post by shan1984 » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:18 am

I did my management round for the 3.30pm batch, realli hope i can get the email from them. :D

Lynv
Regular
Regular

Post by Lynv » Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:22 am

Hopefully we get it asap! May it be good or bad news...
If not all girls waiting for 'answer' being pandas! All having sleepless nights... hahaha...
Yesterday HP couldn't stop ringing.. all very anxious!

Good luck to all! :D

Return to “Airline Careers”