Singapore Expats Forum

What is the optimum office temperature?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

What do you set the AC to in your office?

20 C
14%
21 C
14%
22 C
29%
23 C
No votes
24 C
43%

Total votes: 7

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

What is the optimum office temperature?

Postby CardZeus » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 5:50 pm

I just moved office from one where I wasn't sharing to one where I do - in my previous office I'd set the temp to 20-21 C, now the guy I've moved in with had it set at 25 C - I compromised to 22 C but he still says he is cold - I feel hot. Help! What is an accepted office temp here in Singapore?
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Postby bushbride » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:42 pm

A very wise man once told me that...a little physics and chem...MOL = room temperature should be 24 degrees...

Spunky
Regular
Regular

Postby Spunky » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 9:26 am

it really depends. I sit under the fan coil...not only is it colder around the area, I get the draught too! 24 is cold, 25 quite OK.
but for the other part of the room, 22-23 is actually quite comfy!

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:50 pm

I think most office buildings, (come to think of it, shopping centres and movie theatres as well) are far colder than they need to be. It's ridiculous. I have just had to buy a whole stack of stuff online just to wear inside at work because it's so cold in there, and after a day I feel frozen solid.