Singapore Expats Forum

Hotel Jobs wage

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

apily

Hotel Jobs wage

Postby apily » Sat, 18 Feb 2006 8:16 pm

I would like to know what an Executive Pastry Chef in a big Hotel Chain makes in Singapore?
What kind of salary can a family of 4 (children 6 years and 6 months) expect to be offered to live well?
Thank you

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 2:54 pm

Donno - if that was meant to be witty, try again.

Patsry chefs will earn roughly between 2k and 5k, deending on the hotel and your qualifications

'nuff said Image

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Mon, 27 Feb 2006 6:00 pm

does anyone know how much a front office officer in a five star hotel earn???

is hotel job for stupid people or smart people???

is it true that they have no future and they were school dropouts??

sharkie8480
Regular
Regular

Postby sharkie8480 » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 7:13 pm

donno wrote:does anyone know how much a front office officer in a five star hotel earn???

About SGD1200 or 1300 only

coldlass

Postby coldlass » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:08 am

donno wrote:does anyone know how much a front office officer in a five star hotel earn???

i believe whoever told u this was a generalist! what kind of generalisation is that?? i am working as a guest services agent (or what u call, front office officer) in a 5 star hotel and i am a poly graduate with the relevant experience.

hotel job is for someone who is eager to serve, able to manage stress, and provide service excellence.

there are people who worked their way up (of cos not in 1 hotel), all the way until director of guest services. I dont see how a guest services agent can be a school dropout with no future. Do u think a school dropout can handle such stress?? we are talking about 200-300++ arrivals or departures each day.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 9:05 pm

coldlass wrote:

i believe whoever told u this was a generalist! what kind of generalisation is that?? i am working as a guest services agent (or what u call, front office officer) in a 5 star hotel and i am a poly graduate with the relevant experience.

hotel job is for someone who is eager to serve, able to manage stress, and provide service excellence.

there are people who worked their way up (of cos not in 1 hotel), all the way until director of guest services. I dont see how a guest services agent can be a school dropout with no future. Do u think a school dropout can handle such stress?? we are talking about 200-300++ arrivals or departures each day.

Hi Coldlass,

Could you please provide me with some info on what salary one can expect for someone in your position these days? I am out of touch and would appreciate your input.

Thanks.
One man's meat is another's poison.

sharkie8480
Regular
Regular

Postby sharkie8480 » Mon, 01 May 2006 9:53 am

I worked at Merchant court abt 2 years ago, and the pay for front office was 1200 only. :(

coldlass

Postby coldlass » Tue, 09 May 2006 8:47 pm

hmm for mine is around 1400. thats excluding upselling. if u are experienced and good in upselling, i guess monthly can take home around 1.6k or more.

but depends on individual as well. for me, my upselling can shoot up to 500 bucks per mth. but that depends on luck as well.