Singapore Expats Forum

Any Good Drinkers?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Richie G

Any Good Drinkers?

Postby Richie G » Sat, 18 Feb 2006 2:40 pm

Wondering if there are any guys who can hold their own against the gals of The Tequila Club. After a couple of years, the all girls club have not found any guy member who can pass their initiation test....drink 10 shots of tequila straight. Some of the gals there look pretty interesting. So how about it guys, wanna join me a give it a shot? Or maybe we can form our very own....The Sambuca Club.....a little Latino flair to it...... :)

fsc

Re: Any Good Drinkers?

Postby fsc » Sat, 18 Feb 2006 7:46 pm

Richie G wrote:Wondering if there are any guys who can hold their own against the gals of The Tequila Club. After a couple of years, the all girls club have not found any guy member who can pass their initiation test....drink 10 shots of tequila straight. Some of the gals there look pretty interesting. So how about it guys, wanna join me a give it a shot? Or maybe we can form our very own....The Sambuca Club.....a little Latino flair to it...... :)

where's this so-called tequila club? i'd be up for that just for the fun of it :-)
Feeling frisky, are we?

JK80

Postby JK80 » Sat, 18 Feb 2006 9:09 pm

Who is paying for these 10 shots ? Might get pricy...but I dont care for the fun of it...Count me in.

Richie G

Postby Richie G » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 2:38 pm

Dont have much details, however, I will set it up and will be feeding both of you additional info before we meet and take them on!

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 8:37 pm

I personally would not consider someone who drink 10 shots of tequila straight a good drinker IMO aww am getting old :-| and would not want to hurt myself in this way but some people employ the "induced vomiting method" - drink, go toilet, induce vomit, drink again :P .. of course it's a choice and it's totally up to individual.

but am curious who will take up the challenge :wink:

Well, what about 30 bucks for 10 tequila shots (straight) for you :wink:
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

ale

Postby ale » Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:33 pm

do they have to be drunk one after another without break? if not there isn't much challenge as long as it's tequila GOLD; the cheap stuff makes me puke right away :-p

chocolatechip

Postby chocolatechip » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 2:06 pm

What is theis Tequila club anyway? Where are they found? :o

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 3:31 pm

During my daze at university we used to play the century game.

Drink a shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes.

"A shot of beer? is that all - easy!" I hear you say. However it totals at 10 pints in an hour and a half.

I managed it once with a rugby chum of mine who after he hit 100 shots of beer then moved on to drinking shots of wine - he was a bit of an animal.

We also had a board game called "Pass out", roll the dice, drink, try & do a tongue twister, roll dice, drink, drink etc. The last time I played it I woke up in the bathroom at 4am, STANDING leaning against the sink, with an empty wine glass in one hand & a burnt out cigarette in the other. I went downstairs to find bodies passed out all over the place.

I have never fallen asleep standing up before or since,

great game :)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 5:33 pm

I know quite a few of these "smart" games...

Just 2 examples:

Soccer drinking... You watch a game on TV and each time the game is interrupted by your team (ball out, offside, corner, etc...) you have to drink one glass...

7-14-21: roll dices and count the ones. The first person to reach a total of 7 ones orders a drink (whatever he wants). The person who reaches 14 has to drink it... and if he (or she) finishes it before a total of 21 is reached, the person who gets 21 has to pay. Otherwise the drinker pays...

Quite interesting game.... :P
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 6:16 pm

Always wanted to play a drinking game but...

..the beer's all gone before we even got started.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:07 am

Good drinkers! Hmmmm...I can be one! :lol: ..but for the night, not drive! :-|

JK80

Postby JK80 » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 6:17 am

Baron Greenback wrote:During my daze at university we used to play the century game.

Drink a shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes.

"A shot of beer? is that all - easy!" I hear you say. However it totals at 10 pints in an hour and a half.

I managed it once with a rugby chum of mine who after he hit 100 shots of beer then moved on to drinking shots of wine - he was a bit of an animal.

We also had a board game called "Pass out", roll the dice, drink, try & do a tongue twister, roll dice, drink, drink etc. The last time I played it I woke up in the bathroom at 4am, STANDING leaning against the sink, with an empty wine glass in one hand & a burnt out cigarette in the other. I went downstairs to find bodies passed out all over the place.

I have never fallen asleep standing up before or since,

great game :)

That's hilarious... :lol: =D>

Let me know when you start this again. And the games Carpe diem suggested were not to bad as well. It's not really easy to find proper guys for such a game who take it serious - but not too serious...in the end it's all fun, isn't it?

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:43 am

Drinking games!!! Good for bowling too!!! :P Was drinking from the jug yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol:

Richie G

Postby Richie G » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 5:50 pm

Sorry everyone. Was really stuck up to my neck with work. Deadlines , deadlines and more deadlines!

Anyway, latest from what I have read in the Newpapers (there was a whole page dedicated to the article) In it, they wrote about overwhelming response from guys wanting to take on the challenge. In the end, Newpapers reps chose 3 guys for the test and the event was held at Eastside Loft. The 3 guys took on 3 of the Tequila Club members and one of the members couldnt finish the 10 shots, citing her loss of form for the occassion. All 3 guys passed the test! (Yahoo, we are redeemed!). Nevertheless, there wasnt any mention whether the 3 guys are then members or have been admitted to the Club.

So I guess we are too late guys and there is no longer any need to rise to the challenge! Vodka Club anyone? Cheers

JK80

Postby JK80 » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 8:27 am

Whatever spirit it'll be...ten shots in a row are more easy to handle than drinking them slowly... bring them on...

Cheers

JK