Help needed on apartment rental!

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
JoyLee

Help needed on apartment rental!

Post by JoyLee » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:37 am

Friends,
Please give me some suggestions on my apartment rental. I will relocate to Singapore from the US. People I know in my company told me I should use an agent for apartmen rental. I talked with several agents. They all told me that I should be prepared to pay around S$2,000 for a flat that is close to train station. My office is in Hong Leong Building (Raffle Place).

It is reasonable to pay 2000 for a two-bed room aparment. I actually don't really need two bed rooms. But it seems that most of the rentals are two-bedroooms or more.

Do I have to use an agent for apartment hunting?

Advices please. :???: :x :mad:

Singapore Property Search

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CardZeus » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:46 am

2000 for a 2 bedroom apartment seems reasonable to me. You don't need to use an agent although it may prove worthwhile as the market here is huge and you can let them know your requirements and they will narrow down the search for you. However this will, obviously, entail paying a commission to the agent, typically, I think, one month's rental equivalent.
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hunting

Post by joop » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:31 pm

You can contact our Leasing Department at (65) 61000 300 or email: enquiry@singaporeexpats.com with your requirements.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property