Singapore Expats Forum

50 Gorgeous, Blond, Slim, Smart, Fun loving, Newly Divorced

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Thelma

50 Gorgeous, Blond, Slim, Smart, Fun loving, Newly Divorced

Postby Thelma » Tue, 14 Feb 2006 9:39 pm

I married my first boyfriend and we have had 30 fantastic years toghether. Didn't work out in the end and now I am divorced. I don't want to do the dating thing. I don't want to go out with married men, I don't want to be hit on by 30 year olds (surprisingly that's happened a lot) and I don't want a one-night-stand. I'd like to go out and have fun, dance the night away and enjoy myself with or without meeting anyone. But WHERE DO I GO, it seems to me that some places are pick up bars and the men PRESUME, other places are for couples. Where oh where does a woman like me go? I'd like to go to places where there is a posiblity of meeting people but it's not the main purpose of the evening. If you get what I mean. HELP

fsc

Postby fsc » Tue, 14 Feb 2006 9:52 pm

happy valentine's day.
Feeling frisky, are we?

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Re: 50 Gorgeous, Blond, Slim, Smart, Fun loving, Newly Divor

Postby tiki » Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:14 pm

Thelma wrote:I married my first boyfriend and we have had 30 fantastic years toghether. Didn't work out in the end and now I am divorced. I don't want to do the dating thing. I don't want to go out with married men, I don't want to be hit on by 30 year olds (surprisingly that's happened a lot) and I don't want a one-night-stand. I'd like to go out and have fun, dance the night away and enjoy myself with or without meeting anyone. But WHERE DO I GO, it seems to me that some places are pick up bars and the men PRESUME, other places are for couples. Where oh where does a woman like me go? I'd like to go to places where there is a posiblity of meeting people but it's not the main purpose of the evening. If you get what I mean. HELP

Go back to your roots. Do the things you haven't be able to, watch all the movies you want, stay out as late as you want.. without worrying about the other person.

Learn to live again.....
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Richie G

Postby Richie G » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:34 am

Since you are blond, I will assume that you are white and as far as I can tell, in any club scene, MOS, MOMO, etc...if you are white, you will be receptive by individuals as well as groups even if they are locals. So go dance the nite away and if you do spot a fun group of clubbers just mingle and I am positive you will start a much wider social circle.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:11 pm

I would say enjoy your new life. sounds like as you have been with someone for so long you feel that something is 'missing' unless you have a partner.

It is difficult but try not to feel like that, look on the bright side of having your new found freedom. Being able to leave the toilet seat down all the time, having control of the remote for the tv.

Trying to look for someone rarely works, it is when you are not looking that you will meet a person who is sepcial. I would advise joining some clubs, try a new sport, get out there doing what you enjoy doing & you will meet someone who shares your interests.

Live YOUR life, I wish you all the best :)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Nick1

Postby Nick1 » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 4:59 pm

Thelma, I guess although the replies have been positive, they haven't really answered your question......neither can I, directly.
Generally when you go out to bars and see single members of the opposite sex, it is a reasonable assumption that they don't mind being chatted up, so if you're looking to dance the night away on your own....you're going to get chatted up. What you need is a group of mates to go with. Somone else suggested doing all the things that you wanted to but didn't get around to because someone else had the remote control.
What I would suggest is that you do something you fancy like yoga, dancing lessons, or to get away from the girly things, how about learning to sail, there are about 3 yacht clubs in Sing, go to the WNDC - advertised in these columns. I've only been once, but I had a good evening and I would go again, they're a very sociable bunch, it's just that work always rears it's ugly head. Play squash, tennis etc. - Then you'll meet people you can take to 'One Night Stand' at Clarke Quay with, and dance.

If you already have loads of friends in Sing, and they don't like dancing, then just drag them along and buy the first round!