Singapore Expats Forum

MY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A BELLY DANCING SCHOOL

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Say Wat???

Poll ended at Thu, 16 Mar 2006 1:49 pm

yes
No votes
no
No votes

Total votes: 0

Classy Gurl

MY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A BELLY DANCING SCHOOL

Postby Classy Gurl » Tue, 14 Feb 2006 1:49 pm

TO ALL PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO ENROL FOR DANCING SCHOOL,

CHECK OUT THEIR BACKGROUND AND SCHOOL PROFILE FIRST... I REALISED THAT THESE CAN BE MISLEADING...

I LOOK THRU' THE WEB SITE AND THIS FORUM IN FACT I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT THIS BELLY DANCING SCHOOL IN TANJONG PAGAR... I WAS IMPRESSED BY THEIR PROFILE AND INSTRUCTORS...

I ENROLLED FOR THEIR CLASS... WOH! BIG STUDIO, 5 INSTRUCTORS DURING 1 LESSON... THEY ADVISED ME TO TAKE UP THE INTENSIVE WEEKLY CLASSES... 2HRS FOR S$120/-... I SIGNED UP FOR THE MEMBERSHIP FOR S$50/-!!! TOTAL: S$170/-...

AFTER 2 WEEKS, I DIDNT MANAGED TO LEARN BELLY DANCING... INSTEAD, I WAS ABLE TO 'MOVE' MY BODY FROM SIDE TO SIDE...

IT WAS A WASTE OF $$$... FOR A FORIEGN STUDENT... IT WAS A VAERY WASTE OF $$$ TO ME...

SO ONE DAY, WHILE SHOPPING I CAME ACROSS PYRAMID DANCER... LOCATED NEAR SULTAN MOSQUE... IT WAS AS IF I WAS ENTERING TURKEY... I MEAN THEIR INTERIOR DESIGN WAS SO BEAUTIFUL... THEIR COSTUMES FOR BELLY DANCING... WOW!!! I MET SAMRA... AND CAME TO KNOW ABOUT HER BELLY DANCING EXPERIENCE... IMPRESSED BY HER TEACHING AND PERFOREMANCE EXPERIENCE, I TOOK UP LESSONS WITH HER... UNDER HER SUPERVISION, WITHIN 6 MONTHS I DO BELLY DANCING LIKE WATER... FOR THE SAME S$120/- BUT JUST 6 SESSIONS AT 1.5HRS FOR BEGINNERS LEVEL 1... I COULD FEEL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE POPULAR YET PROUD SCHOOL AND SMALL BUT HUMBLE SCHOOL...

ALTHOUGH PYRAMID DANCER IS NOT AS BIG AND EXTRAVAGANT AS THE TANJONG PAGAR SCHOOL, BUT THEY ARE JUST HUMBLE PEOPLE....

OVER THE PAST 8 MONTHS WITH PYRAMID DANCERS, I HAVE COME TO KNOW THAT THEY HAVE BEEN SABOTAGED BY MANY SCHOOLS AND INDIVIDUALS HERE IN SINGAPORE... BUT STILL THEY ARE STRIVING TO KEEP UP BELLY DANCING THE WAY IT SHOULD BE IN SINGAPORE...

LEARNING WITH THE PYRAMID DANCER IS A VALUE FOR $$$$$

TRUST ME!!!!

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 14 Feb 2006 2:34 pm

Go take out an ad for your school instead of spamming us. Please.

And stop disguising as a normal student when you're one of the people running the school.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

Classy Gurl

Postby Classy Gurl » Tue, 14 Feb 2006 3:06 pm

Bremen wrote:Go take out an ad for your school instead of spamming us. Please.

And stop disguising as a normal student when you're one of the people running the school.

8) i think samra school is one of the oldest school in singapore and as i know she is well known internationally by the masters and amongst teachers around the world. Due to her ads in singapore and overseas, her school has been running for the last 12 years. She has appeared on TV in spore and countries like Australia, Hong Kong, Germany, Korea and cairo. I dun need to educate you any further about her experinences and knowleage of the art of oriental dance. And i believe so that she has no interest abt politics in belly dancing or felt threat from any schools there are newly established in singapore... i believe WHO IS SPAMMING WHO IN THE 1ST PLACE... i came across your article 1st in this forum and will inform samra about it. Hopefully she will highlight it this childish act of character to the masters overseas...
Henceforth, let people who is reading this topic be the judge of talent!!! A piece of advice"ORIENTAL DANCE IS AN ART THAT EVERY1 SHOULD ENJOY AND DANCE FROM THE HEART AND NOT CREATE OR MAKE ENEMIES WITH OTHER SCHOOLS OUT OF THIS BEAUTIFUL DANCE ITSELF. GROW UP WE ARE ADULTS AND NOT CHILDREN"

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 14 Feb 2006 6:01 pm

Classy Gurl wrote:
i came across your article 1st in this forum and will inform samra about it. Hopefully she will highlight it this childish act of character to the masters overseas...

What article? And who are your "masters overseas"? Maybe you need to stop smoking funny cigarettes.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 14 Feb 2006 6:06 pm

Classy Gurl wrote:GROW UP WE ARE ADULTS AND NOT CHILDREN" [/color][/b]

I believe then that you are "grown up" enough to follow rules. And one of those rules is:

"Please do not post ANY advertisement in this forum as it will be deleted. "

Therefore, post your ads for your school in the classifieds section, and not here.

- Terry Pratchett

cowsgomoo

belly dancing

Postby cowsgomoo » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:16 pm

yes.. i understand how u feel.

i was at the belly dancing event at excelsior hotel last year with kaeshi, a world class belly queen dancer. http://www.bellyqueen.com/about.html

i wanted to take up belly dancing after watching their performance and kaishi told me samra is really good even though they r a small dance school at arab street.

will be checking tat out soon as nw i'm taking salsa from jitterbugs swingapore.

check it out if u r interested.

Classy Gurl

IZ THIS AN ADVERTISEMENT???

Postby Classy Gurl » Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:25 pm

I believe then that you are "grown up" enough to follow rules. And one of those rules is:

"Please do not post ANY advertisement in this forum as it will be deleted. "

I DUN THINK SO... 8) BLAR BLAR BLAR BLAR BLAR

Sunnygal

searching a good salsa school

Postby Sunnygal » Sun, 19 Feb 2006 8:26 pm

HI thr since dance is a hot topic of debate here, may i put my query forward as well. I am looking for a good salsa school. I have no idea about this dance. i have to start from zero at this age of 25. Pls advice... terry, coolgal. Would really appreciate that.

Thx
Sunnygal

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:39 am

Hey Sunnygal, its never too old to learn something! :)

By the way, you can do a search for threads on "salsa" That might give you a headstart.

The url below will bring you to one of those threads. Good luck :)

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/sutra147738.html#147738

Or I think you may PM "cherryblue" as she is very much into salsa and in the intermediate level now. :)