Singapore Expats Forum

Trying to find cable cover

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Yutenji
Chatter
Chatter

Trying to find cable cover

Postby Yutenji » Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:27 pm

Folks,

Keep tripping over cables at home. In other countries you can buy cable covers such as the one shown in the website below, but can't find these here. I've tried Home Fix, Homely Hardware and loads of the little hardware shops here and there. Any other places I will find these?

Thanks

http://www.cableorganizer.com/cord-cover-duraline/

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:41 pm

Odd, could have sworn that i saw that in Sim Lim.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

Siong2
Regular
Regular

Re: Trying to find cable cover

Postby Siong2 » Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:52 pm

Yutenji wrote:Folks,

Keep tripping over cables at home. In other countries you can buy cable covers such as the one shown in the website below, but can't find these here. I've tried Home Fix, Homely Hardware and loads of the little hardware shops here and there. Any other places I will find these?

Thanks

Sim Lim might have some kind of cable organizing plastic hose or something. FYI, Singapore's home seldom use such a thing as most of the cable layed and will be well hidden during renovations. Not much cables are seen hanging around. :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Trying to find cable cover

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:25 am

Yutenji wrote:Folks,

Thanks

Yutenji,

I notice on the site that they ship Internationally, with UPD or DHL you can have it in about 3 to 5 days if you want to pay the shipping. (might try using/seeing if you can use vPostUSA it's a bit cheaper as well. Just a suggestion if you can't source it here. Seems I saw someone else a few months back also trying to find it (different forum however).

sms

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 10 Feb 2006 1:13 am

Don't know which Home Fix you went, but they certainly have the one on the site shown. And alternatives ones as well.

Eric

Yutenji
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Yutenji » Fri, 10 Feb 2006 9:13 am

All, thanks. Individual comments / questions below ...

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Don't know which Home Fix you went, but they certainly have the one on the site shown. And alternatives ones as well.Eric
Thanks Eric, can you name specific branch you saw this? I've tried Marina, Tanglin, Geylang.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:they ship Internationally
Thanks SMS, I saw that but about US$20 shipping for US$9 product put me off a bit! But, a sign of desperation that I almost did it anyway.
Siong2 wrote:Sim Lim might have some kind of cable organizing plastic hose or something.
Yes, seen those, but thats more for (for example) around the back of the Hi Fi or computer. The one I'm after lies flat on the ground like a miniture speed bump.
Siong2 wrote:FYI, Singapore's home seldom use such a thing as most of the cable layed and will be well hidden during renovations. Not much cables are seen hanging around.
Ahem, er, ahem, not sure if you're joking or not, but the places I've seen in the last 12+ years would benefit greatly from this simple item! :oops:
Bremen wrote:Odd, could have sworn that i saw that in Sim Lim
That's entirely possible. Place is such a maze! Do you remember which shop?

Thanks all!

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:16 am

Yutenji wrote:That's entirely possible. Place is such a maze! Do you remember which shop?

Thanks all!

Hmmm... Ground floor shops and 2nd/3rd floor... No need to go higher than that. Look in the shops selling the home security cams, hifi systems, etc.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett