Singapore Expats Forum

A real worry

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Digger

A real worry

Postby Digger » Thu, 09 Feb 2006 2:36 am

Dear All,

I'm probably (or at least really hoping that I am!) over-reacting here, but I've just been accepted by a school in SG as a Creative Writing & Drama teacher. Great. I've sent off all my forms and they've been accepted by the school and sent on.
However I wasn't aware that all teachers had to be pre-approved by the MOE and here's my dilemma - I applied for the foreign teacher training programme with the MOE last year and was unsuccessful, therefore does this mean that my approval is likely to be rejected?!

I'm also concerned about my qualifications - I have a Masters in Anthropology/Archaeology from Australia but NO BA! I did my first two years of an undergraduate then was accepted in the fast stream onto my MA based on my grades and excavation/research experience. Will this count against me in the eyes of MOE? I've been told they're real sticklers for certificates!

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Digger

Almost forgot!

Postby Digger » Thu, 09 Feb 2006 2:40 am

Sorry, I forgot to add about my work experience :roll: - I've had one year of teaching experience at a high school in Egypt, acted as a Course creator and Education Officer at University, plus tutored Undergraduate students in Archaeology - will the MOE take this into consideration or is it just the relevance of the qualifications?