Singapore Expats Forum

How to do it with school reports/work references?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

nms1
Regular
Regular

How to do it with school reports/work references?

Postby nms1 » Sat, 04 Feb 2006 9:24 pm

Hellooooo...

I´m going to apply for an practical training placement in SG. I´m a student of transport & logistics managment from Germany.

Now I would like to know how I have to do it with my school reports and my old work references. They´re in german. Do I have to mail them with my CV/cover letter or just write "on request"?

And my second question is if some letter of recomendation from my professors will help me in finding a vacant postion??? ( They will be in english ).

I appreciate your help,

bye George

novaflux

help

Postby novaflux » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 12:32 pm

Hiya, I think you will be wasting your time by applying for placements in this fashion. You must understand that the Transport/Logistics services here like DHL,FEDEX, BAXTEr etc are worldwide firms and you should be writing to their head office for placements not to Singapore branch. If you are trying to get a placement with a regional/local logistics shipping firm, you will find poor responses as most of these companies tends to be family and/or privately owned and they do not accord much importance in such placements.

My advice to you will be - Start by doing some homework on as to which German logistics firm are worldwide and you should start writing to them first. If that fails, write to the major players as mentioned above and proceed from there.
All I know ... is that I know nothing.

bright_wave
Regular
Regular

Re: How to do it with school reports/work references?

Postby bright_wave » Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:26 am

nms1 wrote:Hellooooo...

I´m going to apply for an practical training placement in SG. I´m a student of transport & logistics managment from Germany.

Now I would like to know how I have to do it with my school reports and my old work references. They´re in german. Do I have to mail them with my CV/cover letter or just write "on request"?

And my second question is if some letter of recomendation from my professors will help me in finding a vacant postion??? ( They will be in english ).

I appreciate your help,

bye George

Hi George,

Try this website for supply chain and logistics field:

www.inforwarding.com

Viele Glueck! :cool: :cool: :cool: