Singapore Expats Forum

Pulling yourself out

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Pulling yourself out

Postby Kimi » Fri, 03 Feb 2006 11:32 pm

When things seem to make you feel drowned, so yeah being stressed out with almost everything, like work doesn't seem to be in the best situation nor the other aspects of your life that makes you feel depressed, please don't mistaken it with being in depression, what would make you be able to pull yourself out?
I think it's quite obvious to some of the WNDC people who already know me quite well that I've been in a dark mood recently and I must admit I don't particularly feel like hanging out with people unless I really know them well when I'm in a dark mood :(
And it seems to be quite obvious to my teammates as well.
Bugger, 7 years in Japan and I haven't been able to put on a mask like most Japanese can do so well, so that others can't read what's going on in my head...

cheatercock
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cheatercock » Sat, 04 Feb 2006 2:33 pm

The ultimate solution might be
Bushisms :D

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Sat, 04 Feb 2006 7:52 pm

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 04 Feb 2006 8:25 pm

Big hug Kimi...... :girl:
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 10:05 pm

kimi... Lets get together and sink into depression together... Than after that, lets go to the nearest kopitiam and stuff our faces... its a miracle if u feel depressed after that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But on a serious note, if u are feeling rather down, u should talk to your good friends. Unloading the burden always helps... :wink:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 2:08 am

Hey Kimi, sorry to hear you're down in the dumps. I can relate as I go through my share periodically.

Talking to someone as Sam suggested, is a great way to unload and get some advice or suggestions. Another thing I do sometimes is compare my situation to others who may be in a less favourable one and this helps put things in perspective for me. I also find writing stuff down on paper with 2 columns, one for pros and the other for cons helpful. This works great if its relevant in solving a dilemma where you're unsure which course of action would work best in your favour.

Keep the chin up and Cheers!
One man's meat is another's poison.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 7:47 am

You know Kimi, sometimes life seems to just suck doesn't it? And you know what else, everyone feels like this at some time or other. You are not alone, even if we others are feeling up, we still know what it's like to feel down. Some of us know what it's like to feel really, really down.

I know what it's like to wake up and think, 'Oh God, another day, what for, why am I doing this, what's the point, etc etc' but look, here I am, still spilling out daft stuff to raise a smile.

Seriously, there is being down, and there is depressed. If you are feeling the same every day, and not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, well you must go to the docor. But friends are a great invention, or family....what are they for after all if not to be there to help us? And that includes your forum friends too you know. Drop me a message offline if you want, you know me, talk the hind leg off a donkey.

Don't be too upset though.....you will get better, spring is nearly here, you are fit and well, you have means to communicate with the world, you live in a lovely country, and hey.........you have us as friends.....what more could anyone want? (What's that I hear the rest of you say....?....'For a bit of peace and quiet from Bubbs....'...........) Ha ha.

Chin up my dear. :) :wink: :D
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 9:27 am

and get some advice or suggestions.

I think the worst thing one can do to a friend is to give advice... Give the person hints on what to do and let them decide on their own... :wink:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Postby babykasim » Tue, 07 Feb 2006 10:29 am

Kimi,

you can join me for some exercise - this sure is one great way for me to relieve my stress...
don't u worry there - life has its ups and downs.
and you know you have lots of friends who will listen to u...