Singapore Expats Forum

Ladies of leisure or women of business

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:27 pm

Damnation, my thoughts exactly Plavt, and if I wasn't scheduled to have a massage, my nails done and a quick visit to buy some Jimmy Choo's I'd have said the same honey!!

Yes, Alter Ego, I am joking, about the JC's anyway.

Gosh, it's FABULOUS being a blonde bimbo with sod all to do but spend the man's cash.....oooh, what shall I do tomorrow.....

There's lunch with the ladies of course...
Then there's a visit to an art gallery....
Tee, tum, tee hee....yawns.......
Or perhaps a spot of golf or tennis....
Or a swim...or the spa....

(And yes, some people CAN do all those things, sickening isn't it, I wish it were me....but I don't begrudge them it, I just think they're lucky....)

Get real Alter Ego......it's not one thing or the bloody other.....some of us can stay at home and be worthy human beings anyway....or work and be crap people.....
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rose_YG » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 1:45 am

Some people just have issues with women...

Being LoL is nice though... :D
"Every day is Christmas and every night is new year's eve... "

Oriental
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Oriental » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:49 pm

I think women have outsmarted Alter Ego all his life and that constant blow to his ego has left him deeply traumatised and hostile to all members of the opposite sex. :cry:

Bubbles, I do think that you can be a mom, a housewife and very cool at the same time. Guess you are living proof of that. :wink:

What I really meant to say in my earlier replies was that women should not disregard their own wishes. Guess the message just came out wrong as I was thinking in typical male patterns, where career and business are high-ranking subjects. If my wife decides to stay home in the event that we were to have children I would be more than happy. I just don’t want her to feel pressured into the role of being a housewife just because of society’s norms etc. I myself would be taking leave, maybe for 6 months, in order to care for our children. I will not settle with only being the breadwinner just because of society’s norms etc. So, Bubbles you are right – it is all about choices. My point was that the choices should be your own.
Impossible is nothing!

fsc

Postby fsc » Thu, 16 Feb 2006 1:42 pm

Alter Ego's trolling is completely off the mark. In the words of the esteemed Eric T. Cartman:

"I would never let a woman kick my ass. If she tried anything, I'd be like, EH. You get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie. Eh, woman, you shut your mouth, and make babies. "

-fsc :D

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Postby samantha » Fri, 17 Feb 2006 7:40 pm

bushbride wrote:Cool.

History and Geography are good subjects - I guess you might be thinking about archeology as a profession? Or something like geological / atmospheric research if you like the geography more than the history side of things…both very interesting areas...

Ah... I'm starting love you oredi.. :wink: Finally.. SOmeone who knows what i want to do with my life... :wink:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Postby bushbride » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 5:22 pm

fsc wrote:Alter Ego's trolling is completely off the mark. In the words of the esteemed Eric T. Cartman:

"You get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie"

-fsc :D

Woohoo FSC! so you will invest in the business idea then. That was easy! :D