Singapore Expats Forum

salary of recruitment executive

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Agarwal

salary of recruitment executive

Postby Agarwal » Thu, 02 Feb 2006 8:04 pm

Hey All,

can anyone tell me what is the decent salary for a recrutiment executive at entry level?

awaiting reply.

thanks & regards

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Feb 2006 3:41 pm

About $1000 per month give or take, plus commission (that part is up to you). Normally you will have to reach a sales target before getting any commission. This can be a multi-level calculation whereby when achieving 70-80% of your commission you may receive a reduced percentage until you achieve your monthly target. If you are proven recruiter or a headhunter with experience your basic will be considerably higher but then so are the recruitment fees generated. If you are paid more than $2K basic, they probably won't keep you very long if you can't meet your projected target.

sms

AirCon

Re: salary of recruitment executive

Postby AirCon » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 11:43 am

Agarwal wrote:Hey All,

can anyone tell me what is the decent salary for a recrutiment executive at entry level?

awaiting reply.

thanks & regards

Ok, how can you be an executive at entry level? Do you know what an executive is? Do you know what entry level is?

Simply writing: 'awaiting reply' is rude and not necessary.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 2:10 pm

AirCon,

At least now I know you are not a local, otherwise you would not have chastised the OP about his writing style.

If you live in here in Singapore you probably have not been here very long. Do you know the local definition of an "Executive"? This is Singapore with their own set of definitions. A job title in Singapore has absolutely no bearing to the actual level of the position being offered. It's a face thing that is worth more than money. A good example is local contractors/construction firms will call up wanting a Mechanical Engineer. When asked if they require a masters or batchelor's degree they will reply "diploma also can". I ask them if the are looking for an "Engineer"? Yeah lor!

So I ask again, can this engineer sign off on a project? "No Lah" Okay! What you want is a technician. "Yeah but we call them Engineers". So you advertise for an Engineer (you are recruiting locals remember - they know how the game is played) for 1300 - 1500 month with qualifications of Dep/Deg. Same goes for "clerks" there aren't any in Singapore, they all are "Administrative Assistants". If you work in the Media you will find "Assistant Producers" (AP's) - actually the real title is "assistant to the producer" which is significantly less in stature.

The writing style of the OP is possibly an Indian degree holder (in addition to the obvious) who is come here looking for a job and as his visa is running out and he still hasn't found anything so will try for any job that will, hopefully, allow him to get an EP.

I think you need to reflect on your nick. Time to chill........ 40+ posts, all just flaming. Not contributing anything.

AirCon

Postby AirCon » Sun, 05 Feb 2006 3:38 pm

:? Only been here 4 years, maybe I should learn.

I think you need to reflect on your nick. Time to chill........ 40+ posts, all just flaming. Not contributing anything.

Sufficiently chastised and will chill. (Is that a contribution?)

novaflux

x

Postby novaflux » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 12:43 pm

Recruitment is a commission only line. As much as people tell you there are basic salary. You must firstly understand the fact that you are no different from an insurance agent. The basic salary is taken out of the commission they woul dotherwise pay you as a salary-free agent. Now this fact is very evident in the executive search firms but the lower tiers like adeccos and GMP etc would be more of targets you have to hit and the commission or incentives as the call it would tie in with the expected targets you will be required to hit. Of couse the pay is much lower in terms of total packages for these lower tiers.

So if you are not prepared to be in an aggressive high pressure sales environment, my advice is for you to look at other solutions / career.

Hope this helps you in your career planning.
All I know ... is that I know nothing.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Re: x

Postby tiki » Mon, 06 Feb 2006 8:26 pm

novaflux wrote:Recruitment is a commission only line. As much as people tell you there are basic salary. You must firstly understand the fact that you are no different from an insurance agent. The basic salary is taken out of the commission they woul dotherwise pay you as a salary-free agent. Now this fact is very evident in the executive search firms but the lower tiers like adeccos and GMP etc would be more of targets you have to hit and the commission or incentives as the call it would tie in with the expected targets you will be required to hit. Of couse the pay is much lower in terms of total packages for these lower tiers.

So if you are not prepared to be in an aggressive high pressure sales environment, my advice is for you to look at other solutions / career.

Hope this helps you in your career planning.

..well said. I agree with SMS that some firms do provide a basic salary and others will 'reward' you with a basic if you meet the minimum target set.

You have to be highly self motivated and driven to really reap the rewards in this field.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'