Singapore Expats Forum

So what's the plan today?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
stefania
Chatter
Chatter

So what's the plan today?

Postby stefania » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 4:26 pm

You know the usual story....bored stiff, nothing to do and wondering if anyone else is in the same shoes as me? Saturday night, anybody?

fsc

Re: So what's the plan today?

Postby fsc » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 6:21 pm

stefania wrote:You know the usual story....bored stiff, nothing to do and wondering if anyone else is in the same shoes as me? Saturday night, anybody?

yo... i can relate to that. i was in seoul until this afternoon so that kinda killed any cny holiday plans i might have had. of course every single other person i know managed to get away. typical.

so what to do? not really much to do except go out, drink, dance, fall down. get up. maybe eat. sleeping could factor in there at some point, too i guess.

anyone else fancy a bit of that?
Feeling frisky, are we?

zikke

Postby zikke » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 6:50 pm

Sure... I'm in that boat too... Need more good people to hang out with, easy fun... The ones I know is mostly "Wanna go to this bar tonight? They got great expensive drinks." or "I got plans already. Sorry" Sure, I enjoy drinks at times, but what about all the other fun I use to have? Why does it all have to be so planned and special outings? So bottom line is, I'm in! Although, is tonight a good night to go out? Isn't it jam packed on the bars and streets? So thought of going for a midnight swim. Well, give me an option, or if not tonight, I'm in for any fun the coming days.

fsc

Postby fsc » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 7:05 pm

zikke wrote:Sure... I'm in that boat too... Need more good people to hang out with, easy fun... The ones I know is mostly "Wanna go to this bar tonight? They got great expensive drinks." or "I got plans already. Sorry" Sure, I enjoy drinks at times, but what about all the other fun I use to have? Why does it all have to be so planned and special outings? So bottom line is, I'm in! Although, is tonight a good night to go out? Isn't it jam packed on the bars and streets? So thought of going for a midnight swim. Well, give me an option, or if not tonight, I'm in for any fun the coming days.

no idea if it'll be busy tonight to be honest. cny is always an opportunity for those who don't celebrate the lunar new year to take an extended holiday at some nearby resort. quite a lot of those people are also the ones that head out for drinks/clubbing etc.

other than said hedonistic endeavours i'm unaware of anything really else to do over cny if you don't really get into the lunar new year kinda thing. if you wanna subject yourself to it, head to chinatown this weekend. i went through that last year and i'll pass this year.

i'm probably going to have a nap as i've been up since about 4.30am, but whether others are keen for a drink and a dance or not, i'll be heading out to let off a bit of steam. been a hell of a week. likely location is probably clarke quay, general vicinity of B.B's and then probably either off to Zouk or Attica Too afterwards.

zikke

Postby zikke » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 7:11 pm

Yea, bunch of people I know has abandoned the island for the weekend, so I am aware of this trend. I'm not too keen on getting involved in the CNY celebrations or go to China Town. Had that experience. Well, just pm me if anything.

Hang loose.

Peterzee

Saturday plans

Postby Peterzee » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 7:13 pm

Hi

I believe I am in the same situation, no plans for Saturday night. I’ve arrived in Singapore 4 weeks ago so I still don’t know many people, so I’m up to meet new people and plan some activities. I’m 34 years old and I come from Portugal. So what do you guys want to plan? Let me know I’m open to anything.

Pedro
[/list]

Peterzee

Postby Peterzee » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 7:16 pm

Any one up for some dinner and some drinks after?
I believe it would be a nice plan to get together meet each others and celebrate CNY
Is any one up to that?[/list]

fsc

Postby fsc » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 7:29 pm

right, well i'm off for my nap. if anyone wants to meet later on.. say 'round 11ish for a bit of drink, dance, fall down, get up, go home, then, drop me a PM with your hp number and i'll sms you if something looks like happening. otherwise if something else gets organised can someone PM me the details? ta.

otherwise, enjoy your evening.
Feeling frisky, are we?

zikke

Postby zikke » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 7:33 pm

Celebrate CNY? By getting drunk and feeling communistic? :P

Anyway, just had dinner, but drinks where at? If nothing happens tonight, how about the coming days?

Peterzee

Postby Peterzee » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 7:39 pm

So what about getting together it the Emerald hill area (of Orchard), lets say in Ice cold beer bar around 10.00 p.m?

zikke

Postby zikke » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 8:35 pm

Sounds good. can you pm me your details? otherwise reply here, and i give you my my no.

stefania
    Chatter
    Chatter

Postby stefania » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 9:05 pm

Alrighty guys, we'll all meet at Ice cold Beer Bar at about 10ish but i'll probably be heading out for some dancing thereafter.

Peterzee

Postby Peterzee » Sun, 29 Jan 2006 2:08 am

Well, I believe that we missed each other out at Ice cold beer. I was there but I couldn't meet any one. Are you guys up for something today(sunday)? We will have to plan things better and find a way to recognise each other. What about some drinnks in the evening or night?......I hope you dind't abuse last night and are up to something today.
    Just let me know and we will try to get something where we can meet each other

Cheers

Pedro
    [quote][/quote]

stefania
    Chatter
    Chatter

Postby stefania » Sun, 29 Jan 2006 8:53 pm

Darn it, i'm sorry we missed each other Pedro. I didn't get your hp number so i couldn't contact you. But there's always a next time. :)

As for the night, had a blast guys! :cool: Until next time....:wink: