Singapore Expats Forum

Asian guys with white girls

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 8:59 am

Quasimodo wrote:
Get your grammar right, please. It should be;

... don't take no shit from nobody ... sheesh, these foreigners . . .

Aiyah Quasi, my bad. As soon as I read it hor, I realise it should be double negative wan. This can? :lol:
One man's meat is another's poison.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 9:44 am

Much better . . .

Remember Ebonics 101! :)

(Not to mention Singlish 101. Was at Bukit Panjang Plaza the other day at the taxi stand and this group of teenies was babbling along . . . not even my wife understood what they were saying . . . :lol: )
One in the hand is worth two of something

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 9:58 am

Quasimodo wrote:(Not to mention Singlish 101. Was at Bukit Panjang Plaza the other day at the taxi stand and this group of teenies was babbling along . . . not even my wife understood what they were saying . . . :lol: )

aiyoh, these young peoples. sometimes i also dunno what they talking leh! is not singlish, is teenglish. :wink:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:53 am

Asian men are hot. :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:00 am

sapphire wrote:Asian men are hot. :)

We live on the equator, we're all hot.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:45 pm

i'm not sure if i am supposed to think this way, but right now i have my eyes peeled for the next asian guy i see with a black women.

...and when i finally see this couple, i am thinking that a good ol beevis and butthead "eh eh eh That's cool!" will be my reaction.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 1:38 pm

why does the poster think race is an issue?

if they don't like you, then that's it. u don't love white girls just because they are white, do you?

if the girls like white guys because they are white, they are called locally SPG. but if u are a guy who likes girls just because they are white, then probably u are SPB. :roll:

i believe when she likes u, it is not because u are asian or black or hispanic. it is because she likes u, simple. if she doesn't, then it is rather cheap to blame which race u are born in.

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 2:09 pm

Of course Western women find Asian men attractive!

As a white woman myself, I was always under the impression that (in sweeping general) Asian men found western women fat, aggressive and too "in-your-face". If there is someone in particular you have your eye on, she very well may think you won't look at her for the same reasons.

Hmm not very PC, but there you are...

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 6:50 pm

Strange, isn't it, the generalizations applied to plusses and minuses of different races, nationalities etc?

Lots of these are self-perpetuated. For example:-

British traits.....

Good..........Stiff upper lip, eccentric sense of humour, Bulldog mentality (We're here, and staying put, back off etc)

Bad............Thug mentality, Bad lovers, Snooty.

All total rubbish of course. Yep, some have some of these, some none, but you cannot define one race/nationality by how general/market/worldwide fiction deems it.

However, none of us is beyond hitting on these hackneyed perceptions and usuing them for out benefit, when it suits us.

Though to be honest with you, I do think there's some truth in the eccentricity issue. Dig deep enough with most Brits and there it is, lurking underneath. Even we don't have it, we are accepting of those who do, sort of.......'Ah well, it takes all sorts' etc.

Now, from a Brit's point of view here are some traits I think are bandied around concerning these nationalities.........

Asian, esp Chinese .....Private people who hide deep feelings in check......family orientated......more respectful.....

Japanese.....even more private but of course, they are all kickass fighters who'll bring a Hakori sword out to chop your head off if you offend (Ah Uma, not mentioned you for ages lass)

Americans......outspoken, confident, chatty.......

Australians.....sporty, friendly, tanned, wins everything, damn!

And on, and on, and on.

All nuts of course, but what are the first things you think about other races if they come to mind? Even if you've no relationship with them?

Let's not all get offended here, it's just a chat, and we all know 'the real us' bears little representation to the perceptions.

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

markdown

Postby markdown » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:20 pm

renter wrote:why does the poster think race is an issue?

if they don't like you, then that's it. u don't love white girls just because they are white, do you?

if the girls like white guys because they are white, they are called locally SPG. but if u are a guy who likes girls just because they are white, then probably u are SPB. :roll:

i believe when she likes u, it is not because u are asian or black or hispanic. it is because she likes u, simple. if she doesn't, then it is rather cheap to blame which race u are born in.

great and i thought no one was going to do this.

well, i think race is an issue in lot of ways. like, there are so many bad sterotype about asian guys. i received some amount of racist comments(jokes) from white people.

of course i dont like girls because they are white. i like girls of all races just that prolly i've seen too much of asian girls already thus decides for something different.i was actually speaking a lot to this black girl too. maybe just interested in their culture.

i have turn down those sheilas too, i dont sleep with a girl just because shes white.

markdown

Postby markdown » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:30 pm

nice list bubbles. i have this thought that british people tends to drink a lot too and they dislike amerians. which is not very correct..

markdown

Postby markdown » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:41 pm

k1w1 wrote:Of course Western women find Asian men attractive!

As a white woman myself, I was always under the impression that (in sweeping general) Asian men found western women fat, aggressive and too "in-your-face". If there is someone in particular you have your eye on, she very well may think you won't look at her for the same reasons.

Hmm not very PC, but there you are...

K1w1:
glad to hear this. even more encouraging if your based in singapore. Because for some reason i find the western girls in singapore slightly aloof and tight. Maybe because most of them are professionals and im slightly younger.

and im under the impression that western girls find us asian men weak and little and shy.
i do have some impression that western girls are more aggressive but i look at it as something good.

Linna_

Postby Linna_ » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:42 am

Asian guys? I meet only few is good enough, 95% local guys stay in HDB with mother till 30 years old, drive cheap car and count any cent spent in club... bored

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 1:50 am

No, I rent a room here.

But what a nasty clubber you are. Are you spending your own mullah? How else did you find out he counts his cents?

What's a car to you? Do you own one? Ever DRIVEN one? Maintained one? Oiled one? I have. It's for getting from A to B. Mine is a well-oiled super-good 1300cc Malaysian national car - and 2nd hand. And I'm proud of it.
It means I have money on the things that REALLY matter houses, insurance and vacations. Not that I'm taking you along, dear - only mom :P8)

Linna_ wrote:Asian guys? I meet only few is good enough, 95% local guys stay in HDB with mother till 30 years old, drive cheap car and count any cent spent in club... bored

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 1:56 am

riversandlakes wrote:No, I rent a room here.

But what a nasty clubber you are. Are you spending your own mullah? How else did you find out he counts his cents?

What's a car to you? Do you own one? Ever DRIVEN one? Maintained one? Oiled one? I have. It's for getting from A to B. Mine is a well-oiled super-good 1300cc Malaysian national car - and 2nd hand. And I'm proud of it.
It means I have money on the things that REALLY matter houses, insurance and vacations. Not that I'm taking you along, dear - only mom :P8)

Linna_ wrote:Asian guys? I meet only few is good enough, 95% local guys stay in HDB with mother till 30 years old, drive cheap car and count any cent spent in club... bored

Well said RSL =D>