Singapore Expats Forum

Asian guys with white girls

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

markdown

Asian guys with white girls

Postby markdown » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 2:02 am

started this topic elsewhere, not sure if theres one here .

But im interested to know if white girls are willing to give asian guys a chance. I mean hollywood really made asian guys look bad.

very interested in the comments and would tell u guys what i think later.

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Asian guys with white girls

Postby Plavt » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 2:26 am

markdown wrote:But im interested to know if white girls are willing to give asian guys a chance. I mean hollywood really made asian guys look bad.

Who says they don't when there is unspecified number of interracial marriages in the world?

Plavt.

Mannish Boy

Postby Mannish Boy » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 8:09 am

[quote="markdown"]I mean hollywood really made asian guys look bad. quote]

How do you justify the above statement? In what way has hollywood made asian guys look bad? Please provide an example.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 8:27 am

Plavt wrote:
markdown wrote:But im interested to know if white girls are willing to give asian guys a chance.

Who says they don't when there is unspecified number of interracial marriages in the world?

and quite a few in singapore, just look around.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:38 am

This is an interesting topic - even if it often gets down and dirty. I know of quite a few asian men married to western women - but there are definitely more asian women with western men. I think if you looked at say black and white relationships in the us you would find the same thing. More white men marry black women than white women marry black men. Maybe it is an aspect of human nature - or maybe it is just that there are more white western men are travelling "outside" their "village."

It would be interesting to see the statistics on asian vs non-asian marriages among second generation asian americans. But - I would venture to guess it would still be the same patten or more women marrying outside.

Maybe as the world becomes more and more homogeneous this skew will deminish.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:53 am

Wham wrote: More white men marry black women than white women marry black men.

I've seen quite the opposite, actually.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:59 am

Bremen wrote:

Me too.
One man's meat is another's poison.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:10 am

Mannish Boy wrote:
markdown wrote:I mean hollywood really made asian guys look bad. quote]

How do you justify the above statement? In what way has hollywood made asian guys look bad? Please provide an example.

Ok I know this wasn't addressed to me but I'll venture to answer. Hollywood tends to stereotype Asian men either as ass kicking kung fu types or the Charlie Chans sporting Fu Manchu type moustaches or worse members of some triad or gang.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 3:14 pm

Global Citizen wrote:
Mannish Boy wrote:

Ok I know this wasn't addressed to me but I'll venture to answer. Hollywood tends to stereotype Asian men either as ass kicking kung fu types or the Charlie Chans sporting Fu Manchu type moustaches or worse members of some triad or gang.

I wouldn't think that is bad - saves a lot of Asian guys getting beat up by whitey's (my wife's edescription of Caucasians) who are afraid of the 'ass kicking kung fu type'

Instant street cred.
One in the hand is worth two of something

Mannish Boy

Postby Mannish Boy » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 3:26 pm

Global Citizen wrote:
Mannish Boy wrote:

Dont know about that GC.

Im an asian guy and that's not the way I perceive things. It maybe because I grew in a western country and I have a different outlook compared to another asian guy that grew up in Asia.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 5:36 pm

Bremen wrote:

Same here.

Plavt.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 7:23 pm

I guess the ratio is different in NY City...

but glad to hear that maybe i am wrong.

In fact, i was beginning to wonder - if all the white men were marrying asian women, then who were all the white women marrying? BLACK MEN. This means that Asian men might want to consider black women - that way everybody is happy - but of course that would be dangerous because...
...most of the black women that i know can kick ass - and could kick the ^%(&% out of most asian guys i know. JUST JOKING!!!
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:55 pm

Tons of girls in Wales married to black guys. Quite a normal thing. Not so usual to see black girls and white blokes though, strange, isn't it? Don't understand why.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:10 pm

Wham wrote:...most of the black women that i know can kick ass - and could kick the ^%(&% out of most asian guys i know. JUST JOKING!!!

Ok broad generalisations coming through and I'm armed to fend off any attacks.... :P

Wham, got to agree, most of the black women potrayed on TV and the ones I've seen in real life are tough, strong (in character), don't take no shit from anybody type of women and are in many cases are the sole providers of their kids.

Asian men are sometimes perceived to be as computer geeks, real studious, smart types and mild mannered in addition to the other stereotypes on TV that I mentioned earlier.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 8:51 am

Global Citizen wrote:
Wham wrote:...most of the black women that i know can kick ass - and could kick the ^%(&% out of most asian guys i know. JUST JOKING!!!

Ok broad generalisations coming through and I'm armed to fend off any attacks.... :P

Wham, got to agree, most of the black women potrayed on TV and the ones I've seen in real life are tough, strong (in character), don't take no shit from anybody type of women and are in many cases are the sole providers of their kids.

Asian men are sometimes perceived to be as computer geeks, real studious, smart types and mild mannered in addition to the other stereotypes on TV that I mentioned earlier.

Get your grammar right, please. It should be;

... don't take no shit from nobody ... sheesh, these foreigners . . .
One in the hand is worth two of something