Singapore Expats Forum

Is this True

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bafana

Re: Is this True

Postby Bafana » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 6:29 pm

MobyDog wrote:She lamented to us that she was surprised and disgust. She said that most of the senior expats were advising the new expats not to be nice to the local, scold them and don't need to be nice to them among other things. They didn't know she's a Singaporean because honestly, she looked very exotic, a little bit of Silician flair.

Is this true ?

Where got - I wish lah.

Trying to be nice to everyone really givges me a headache.

Bring back the good old days when you could hire locals for pennies and give em a kicking when you get hoem from the British Club full of Gin and Tonic say what...
Be Like Water

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Re: Is this True

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 01 Feb 2006 7:07 pm

MobyDog wrote:Hi, all

I have been going thru the Singaporean and Caucasian tread. And I have a question in my mind for afew years now... It maybe too sensitive if so the mod can delete this tread.

5 years ago, my GF classmate, who is a Singaporean 3rd generation of Indian mix who married a westerner and left Singapore for a few years. Well, her husband had taken up a commission in singapore and they returned.

She attended a social gathering of expats in singapore. Well she left the place with anger after more than afew incident.

She lamented to us that she was surprised and disgust. She said that most of the senior expats were advising the new expats not to be nice to the local, scold them and don't need to be nice to them among other things. They didn't know she's a Singaporean because honestly, she looked very exotic, a little bit of Silician flair.

Is this true ?

Honestly, you are a big windup, right? You just wanna provoke and start a racist flaming war here, right?

Too bad, can't get excited about this, it is just too obvious and silly to take serious.

Eric