Singapore Expats Forum

Down by the canal....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:21 am

tiki wrote:Apparently there is a breed of roach that grow pretty big, in sum forest/jungle. I think they're called the hissing roach becos of the sound they make when they rub their wings together. Yea Bubbs I have meself had a few 'up and too close personal encounters' with the flying kind as well..nasty buggers, they seem to fly at you!

Roaches seem to thrive in different environments, damn genes.

Yup they're the Madagascar roaches and they grow to a pretty big size but I don't think (thank God for little mercies!) they're able to fly.
One man's meat is another's poison.

Mr. C4

Postby Mr. C4 » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 6:39 pm

I was wakeboarding today at the new 360 Cable wakeboard/waterski place located on East Coast in a manmade resevoir. While wakeboarding, I saw a 1.5 - 2.0m crocodile in the water and I was not the only one that saw it. That's scarry! And No it was not a lizard, the snout was much to long.

Ciao,

J.

fsc

Postby fsc » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 7:32 pm

Mr. C4 wrote:I was wakeboarding today at the new 360 Cable wakeboard/waterski place located on East Coast in a manmade resevoir. While wakeboarding, I saw a 1.5 - 2.0m crocodile in the water and I was not the only one that saw it. That's scarry! And No it was not a lizard, the snout was much to long.

Ciao,

J.

Bloody hell! Aside from that, what's it like, wakeboarding on cable? I mean, how's it different to behind a boat? I've started learning wakeboarding recently and think it's pretty cool, but not sure how it works from a cable thingo...?
Feeling frisky, are we?

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 9:51 pm

FYI- There is a monitor lizard residing on the East Coast next to Bedok Camp on Upper East Coast Road. I have seen him many times while waiting at the bus stop. Huge claws and 'guesstimating' about 5-6 ft. in length. Whenever I try to walk up closer, he runs and hides in the jungle area from where he came from. (I'm not taking it personal) I think they are interesting creatures.

As far as roaches, yuk. Double yuk!! I have had to spray a couple in the kitchen/laundry area. They were at least 3 inches in length. No thank you, please pass the bug spray! :)