Singapore Expats Forum

New in Singapore - Share Chinese New Year

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
eticxe

New in Singapore - Share Chinese New Year

Postby eticxe » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 3:24 pm

hi, I'm 34 and new here in Singapore, just coming from Germany. If you also have not yet any plans for Chinese New Year, maybe we can meet up. Just let me know, like to party and chat & more...

Cheers
Michael

pineappletarts
Regular
Regular

Postby pineappletarts » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 3:23 pm

Hi. i'm new to this forum but not to Singapore. All the shops will be closed during first two days of CNY. What are you doing in Singapore? Perhaps you can take a short trip to somewhere near like Malaysia or Bangkok...

Peterzee

Re: New in Singapore - Share Chinese New Year

Postby Peterzee » Wed, 25 Jan 2006 4:11 pm

Hi, I'm also brand new in Singapore and would like to meet people to discouver the city. I would be glad to go and enjoy the Chinese New year with a group of people.

Cheers

Pedro

pineappletarts
Regular
Regular

Postby pineappletarts » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:44 am

Hi Pedro, Where are you from? Not sure where to go since all the shops will be closed during CNY. See if we can get more people in before we decide, ok.

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:55 am

Not only you people as new comers. I live here for so long already, CNY is the most boring holiday for me. Although situation is getting better for the past few years, where more places are open, instead of having to go hungry for 1 long week.

But still, if I have a choice, I will choose to work on those days.

Maybe, we can catch a movie, dinning & chit chat, or go cycling at Ubin cum Seafood. :roll:

pineappletarts
Regular
Regular

Postby pineappletarts » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 2:18 pm

Hi Dounut, nice meeting you. Good suggestion. I don't mind going out for movie. Which day? Let's see what others think of this.

cookieguy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: New in Singapore - Share Chinese New Year

Postby cookieguy » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 2:41 pm

Peterzee wrote:Hi, I'm also brand new in Singapore and would like to meet people to discouver the city. I would be glad to go and enjoy the Chinese New year with a group of people.

Cheers

Pedro

perhaps you can refer to the thread on "CGC" hehe..anytime welcome to join us on the 30th for movies and buffet....
Eat a cookie, think of a cookie, earn more money!!! :)

pineappletarts
Regular
Regular

Postby pineappletarts » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 3:18 pm

What does 'CGC' stands for?

JK80

Postby JK80 » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 5:37 pm

Hey all you newbies in this thread... how about meet beside CNY as well.
It seems to be there are loads of fresh people in SG and I would wonder if that is not just the best reason to meet up with eachother.
Personally I'll go to SG next week so it'll be to late for CNY but as i'll be new as well I wouldn't mind to get to know some nice people who share this "fate"

Hope to see you all,

Cheers

JK :D

Pioneer
Regular
Regular

Postby Pioneer » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 5:45 pm

Hi All,

I have just arrived from UK, moving into a new condo in kembangan on Friday so would welcome the opportunity to meet some new faces, especially over CNY.
count me in for anything:)

Cheers

Georgia

Postby Georgia » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 9:48 pm

Hi Pioneer,

I am also in Kembangan. Going to the east coast park for some sea food and cycling would be a good idea.

Cheers

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 1:25 am

I bet it doesn't stand for Credit Guarantee Corporation hehe
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

pineappletarts
Regular
Regular

Postby pineappletarts » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 9:06 am

Hi all, shall we catch a movie sometime next week? May be after that we can all go for drinks. Hopefully everyone of us can make more friends. If anyone interested, please post the most convenient time. I would prefer Thursday or Friday evening.....

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:50 am

I have to work in both 30th and 31st, have dinner plan with friends then maybe clubbing on the 30th.
If anybody fancies to do anything on Sat or Sun, what about a picnic?
Everybody can bring his/her own drink and food and some cloth to sit on. If anybody is even willing to make more than 1 person's food, the generosity no doubt will be much appreciated
Am serious about the picnic idea though, no matter when even.
Only I don't know where we can do that. East Coast Park?
Am going to write the same thing on the thread that was asking something similar on CNY.
*sigh* I'm disappointed with this CNY here then... Thought I was going to see some festivity on the street or something like that

Dounut
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dounut » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:24 pm

I might need to work on Monday & Tuesday, still not sure yet as someone is trying to play Pank. :x

Late afternoon / evening is fine with me. I am free Tomorrow & Sunday (1st Day of CNY). Let me know if there is any happening. :roll:

Err, I don't fancy drinking (beer/wine) so much, would prefer simple Tea / Cofee sessions. :P