Singapore Expats Forum

Aussie 'Indonesianist' seeks mkting position in Spore co.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

gavgor

Aussie 'Indonesianist' seeks mkting position in Spore co.

Postby gavgor » Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:39 pm

I am a 31-year old Australian expatriate currently working and residing in Jakarta, Indonesia and am looking to relocate to Singapore given the right career opportunity.

I possess 9-years marketing experience, most of which has been gained in Indonesia, and relevant tertiary qualifications in asian and business studies. I also speak and write fluent bahasa Indonesia/Malay, and have some ability in Chinese (Mandarin) and Japanese.

I am looking to continue my career in shipping/trading and believe I would be ideally suitable for a position in a Singapore based company with interests in Indonesia.

I have a sound knowledge and understanding of how business is done in Indonesia and am able to avoid most of the 'pitfalls' awaiting foreigners new to the country by virtue of my almost 10-years of in-country experience, fluent spoken and written bahasa Indonesia and eurasian appearance (I am of Anglo-Burmese descent).

Nonetheless, a similar position related to other Southeast Asian or East Asian markets would also be of interest to me.

In regard to remuneration, a local salary in Singapore dollars will suffice; however, I would be expecting housing and other benefits dependent upon the position available.

Expressions of interest can be posted as a reply to this message or emailed to gavgor@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks.