Singapore Expats

good things to do during chinese new year

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Kimi » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 8:52 pm

I have to work in both 30th and 31st, have dinner plan with friends then maybe clubbing on the 30th.
If anybody fancies to do anything on Sat or Sun, what about a picnic?
Everybody can bring his/her own drink and food and some cloth to sit on. If anybody is even willing to make more than 1 person's food, the generosity no doubt will be much appreciated :mrgreen:
Am serious about the picnic idea though, no matter when even.
Only I don't know where we can do that. East Coast Park?
Am going to write the same thing on the thread that was asking something similar on CNY.
*sigh* I'm disappointed with this CNY here then... Thought I was going to see some festivity on the street or something like that :(

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Post by renter » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:52 pm

Kimi wrote:I have to work in both 30th and 31st, have dinner plan with friends then maybe clubbing on the 30th.
If anybody fancies to do anything on Sat or Sun, what about a picnic?
Everybody can bring his/her own drink and food and some cloth to sit on. If anybody is even willing to make more than 1 person's food, the generosity no doubt will be much appreciated :mrgreen:
Am serious about the picnic idea though, no matter when even.
Only I don't know where we can do that. East Coast Park?
Am going to write the same thing on the thread that was asking something similar on CNY.
*sigh* I'm disappointed with this CNY here then... Thought I was going to see some festivity on the street or something like that :(

Good idea. I will join in any time we can gather around and i'm free.

zikke

Post by zikke » Sat, 28 Jan 2006 8:15 pm

Kimi, picnic is a good idea, I like that. Did it before at Singapore at MacRitchie Reservoir. Only problem was it's crawling with ants. The girls, in particular, were less comfortable. So we ended up spreading our blanket on the concrete. But I'm up for another try. When and where?

And Kimi, the festivity in the streets comes the weekend after with Chingay Parade. ;)