Singapore Expats

Coffee Lovers

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
tnd

Coffee Lovers

Post by tnd » Tue, 27 Jul 2004 8:10 am

Hi. we're on the look out for good quality espresso coffee beans - freshly roasted or vacuum sealed. Any ideas?
Have come across Illy and Lavazza in some supermarkets, but are there any specialty shops?
On that note, coffee beans seem to be really pricey in Singapore - or have we been looking at all the wrong places.......
Please help....withdrawal symptoms surfacing.....

lilacpeony

coffee

Post by lilacpeony » Tue, 27 Jul 2004 3:09 pm

How abt the usual Starbucks? I do agree that its rather pricy. However, you can get local flavor beans form wet markets. Different but extremely aromatic. Hope U like it.

Post by Guest » Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:05 pm

I know what you mean about coffee being pricey! You could try .Highlander Coffee. I haven't tried it before and can't comment on their coffee selection or their prices. I think they sell Davidoff coffee among other brands.

I'm off to Europe tomorrow night and I'm seriously contemplating bringing home a bag of Italian coffee just for the heck of it. I missed out on Bei e Nannini at the Italian fair at Suntec last month!

Raistlyn

Post by Raistlyn » Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:12 pm

Ooops, just wanted to say that I posted the above - forgot to add in my name!

Any recommendations on brands of coffee? I like Lavazza and Tchibo, and anything Italian, but will be the first to admit that I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between them at all! I'm not fond of Sumatran coffee and local kopi, that's all I know.

TyngYee

Coffee from Vietnam

Post by TyngYee » Thu, 27 Aug 2009 2:04 pm

Hi,

Lots of ppl not aware that Vietnam is 2nd largest coffee export country after Brazil! Actually they produce good quality and fresh coffee bean at a reasonable price!

A new Vietnamese Coffee product just arrived in Sinagapore. and they have espresso coffee bean and ground also.

www.thetrizle.com

check it out!