Singapore Expats

Virtual Office? is legal at SG or not ?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

Virtual Office? is legal at SG or not ?

Post by fx8fx » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 3:35 pm

Virtual Office?
Suppose that you're looking to get a decent CBD office with a receptionist. Here's the breakdown for 1 year:

- 300 sq. ft. Office Rental > $900 x 12
- Renovation & Furnshing > $5,000
- 1 Receptionist > $1,000 x 12
- 1 Phone & Fax Line > $50 x 12
- 1 Internet Service > $250 x 12
- Utilities > $50 x 12
- Total > $32,000

Instead of paying $32,000, Virtual Office First Class offers the same services at lower price of about $800 a year, means you will enjoy a savings of more than $30,000. But of course, you get your own table in your own office but you wouldn't sit around and wait for business, would you?

Registered Address
(check details)
Mail Notification
(check details)
Mail Self-Collection
(check details)
Weekly Mail Forwarding
(check details)
Dedicated Phone Line
(check details)
Dedicated Fax Line
(check details) Shared
Meeting Facilities
(check details) 5 Hours
Per Annum 10 Hours
Per Annum 30 Hours
Per Annum
Office Facilities
(check details)
Clients Restriction
(check details) Singapore Worldwide Worldwide
Monthly Charges (2 Years Subscription) SGD$8.00
(Save $48!) SGD$16.00
(Save $96!) SGD$48.00
(Save $288!)
Monthly Charges (1 Year Subscription) SGD$10.00 SGD$20.00 SGD$60.00
i got such info from a site, wonder whether it's proper to rent such virtual office at SG ?

tks

dango

Post by dango » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 4:32 pm

there are lots of them around in Spore. I use one myself. just need to make sure you sign a contract with a legitimate party.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by fx8fx » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 6:35 pm

dango wrote:there are lots of them around in Spore. I use one myself. just need to make sure you sign a contract with a legitimate party.
is there a list at http://www.singaporeexpats.com

Dango, do u hv the website of your agency ?

tks

dango

Post by dango » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:23 am

fx8fx wrote:
dango wrote:there are lots of them around in Spore. I use one myself. just need to make sure you sign a contract with a legitimate party.

tks

i used to use servcopr (www.servcorp.net) but later find that their charges are quite pricey.

Now i'm using a cellphone number, which can be diverted to my home number or any other numbers. Then, i pay a small sum every month at an office in Raffles Place for the address and for the right to use the meeting room as and when needed.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by fx8fx » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 4:17 pm

dango wrote:
fx8fx wrote:

tks

i used to use servcopr (www.servcorp.net) but later find that their charges are quite pricey.

Now i'm using a cellphone number, which can be diverted to my home number or any other numbers. Then, i pay a small sum every month at an office in Raffles Place for the address and for the right to use the meeting room as and when needed.
yes, servcorp is very expensive compare with the price I mentioned in 1st post.

dango, may i know how much you paid to get the office at raffless place's address and whether any mail / fax forwarding is included ?

meantime, whether it's ok to use a cellphone number for registration at Government ? ( do u hv any registration at singapore )

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 4:36 pm

meantime, whether it's ok to use a cellphone number for registration at Government ? ( do u hv any registration at singapore )
Yes, using a cellphone number is OK, and you can use your home address as your registered address (for a private limited).

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by fx8fx » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 5:03 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Yes, using a cellphone number is OK, and you can use your home address as your registered address (for a private limited).

if the room is rent ? ok for registered address?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:02 am

fx8fx wrote:if the room is rent ? ok for registered address?
I am making my virtual office address my registered address as of tomorrow. The main thing is to be sure that you will receive all correspondence because that is where the government will send it, no matter what other address you might request... it's always to the registered address.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by fx8fx » Mon, 23 Jan 2006 8:18 pm

is there any good provider for "virtual office " ??

tks

dango

Post by dango » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:28 am

fx8fx wrote: dango, may i know how much you paid to get the office at raffless place's address and whether any mail / fax forwarding is included ?
hi

i didn't reqire fax forwarding service as I've got my own fax machine in the home office. Once a week, I'll drop by the place to collect snail mail. They ladies there are flexible - they can accommodate if you wish to have forwarding.

What types of service do you need excatly? Why don't you drop me a PM detailing what you need. Will speak to the service office lady and ask if they can offer what you looking for.
Beagan agus a ra go maith

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by fx8fx » Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:22 pm

what i need is just a simple virtual office with small fee to cover the period before i rent a real office and hire staff

superfurryanimal

Post by superfurryanimal » Sat, 04 Feb 2006 6:11 pm

It's definitely legal - there are loads of companies who use such a service. I use one myself.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by fx8fx » Sat, 04 Feb 2006 10:39 pm

anybody use such virtual office for a REP office at SG