Singapore Expats Forum

Leaving on a Jet Plane?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Leaving on a Jet Plane?

Postby Global Citizen » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 9:28 am

Be warned, you'll arrive at your destination but your bags won't. Recently I travelled from Canada via the US to another destination and yeah, my suitcase didn't make it, at least not until 2 days later.

Last year this also happened to us as well. We were without our suitcase for 5 days and pissed off as hell. All this on our way to India via the US to attend a wedding and of course the suitcase just happened to have all my husband clothes and gifts. What is it with air travel these days and the airlines really aren't very helpful. Anyone else experience this?
One man's meat is another's poison.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 9:41 am

Depends on the airline. I travel regularly on EVA, Singapore Air, Continental, and Emirates and have never had a late bag. Maybe lucky.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:00 am

happened to me once when travelling to the US, delayed by 24 hours. one of my friends was so fed up that at one time he just told the airline he wanted a ticket to wherever his luggage was going!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:58 am

hehehe, lost baggage . . . Nice topic. I guess I've travelled about once a week for the last 14 years - Africa, S. America, Asia, Europe etc . . . - and the only time my baggage was lost was on a flight from Raleigh Durham Airport in North Carolina to O'Hare. Luggage ended up in Johannesburg . . .

'nuff said Image