Singapore Expats

Fake Exclusive distributor

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
exsaloon

Fake Exclusive distributor

Post by exsaloon » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:51 am

Hi Gurus,

A friend of mine got an exclusive distributorship(Asia) for one of the brand and recently, he was approached by his client that the client was approached by another company who claims that they have the exclusive distributorship of the same brand of what my friend is having. Can any of the experts could give advice on how to deal with these fake idiots who lied around!!

memorieschc

Re: Fake Exclusive distributor

Post by memorieschc » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:25 am

exsaloon wrote:Hi Gurus,

A friend of mine got an exclusive distributorship(Asia) for one of the brand and recently, he was approached by his client that the client was approached by another company who claims that they have the exclusive distributorship of the same brand of what my friend is having. Can any of the experts could give advice on how to deal with these fake idiots who lied around!!
U referring to the company claiming to have exclusive distributorship?

Is it possible that the company issuing that distributorship is lying?

In any case, if there's a breach of contract, your friend can sue them. It's better to consult a lawyer first.

exsaloon

Post by exsaloon » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 7:12 pm

thanks for the advice. will infd him abt it! it is confirm that the other party is lying.

Oriental
Regular
Regular

Re: Fake Exclusive distributor

Post by Oriental » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 8:52 pm

exsaloon wrote:Hi Gurus,

Well, your friend should pull the sole distributor contract out from the drawer and see how well he has prepared himself for this eventuality.

If I were your friend I would first assess the legal status based upon the wording of the contract. Then I would approach the supplier and inform him of the “intruder”
Impossible is nothing!