Singapore Expats Forum

Employment Pass Drama

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

anjin-san

Employment Pass Drama

Postby anjin-san » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 8:33 pm

Hi all,

I'm a fresh graduate who's being sponsored for an EP by a major financial institution. My EP application was submitted in late November, and last week I was asked to submit copies of my degrees as proof of completion.

However, the other applications submitted by the company AFTER my application have already been approved while I'm still waiting. My employer has hired a major legal firm to help investigate the hold up.

Any thoughts or words of advice? I satisfy the minimum qualifications, and will be paid more than $3500 per month. I've had lots of internships and have even co-authored a research paper.

Thanks heaps for any input guys.

Pat

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Sun, 15 Jan 2006 8:30 pm

As a fresh graduate, it might be that your university has not been able to confirm your grades yet? That could be the hold-up... Otherwise, if they are waiting on another ministry (if you are a teacher, nurse or something that requires another set of papers/approvals) then this could the hold-up too.

Don't worry - I'm sure it'll be fine so long as you're not right on the line of minimum requirements, I can't see how they could reject it. Even if they do, your company can appeal. If they're hiring legal help for this, they must really want you to work with them.

anjin-san

Postby anjin-san » Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:38 pm

Thanks heaps for the response, and the encouraging reply k1w1. This delay is far from an enjoyable experience! :x :roll:
Yeah, my company has been very good about things...I'm lucky there!

I *hope* to hear something by the end of this coming week. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again k1w1. Hope the weekend has rocked for you!

cygnus1

Postby cygnus1 » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 8:52 am

no wonder that we haven't been hearing from you since months.
I thought the job was already secured.
anyway...do let us know when it's finally done ok bro...

anjin-san

Postby anjin-san » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:39 am

Some excellent news on my part. Got my EP yesterday afternoon! I arrived in Singapore last night, and have begun the "great share-flat hunt". Will be starting work on the 23rd.

Thanks for all the help people. Hope to pop by an event one of these days and say 'howdy' in person.

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:50 pm

Congrats, Anjin-san!

Oh, the things you can do, the stuff you can organise - now that you are a "green-card holder"! :lol:

Great news, congratualtions.

anjin-san

Postby anjin-san » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:12 pm

Thank you all, once again! Feels good k1w1, it feels good! :cool: :wink: