Singapore Expats Forum

French degrees

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

reenita

French degrees

Postby reenita » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:28 am

hi i was thinking of obtaining a degree in french.However I was wondering if anyone has any idea what i can work as if I have a french degree?.I already hold a computer science degree from a Uk university. Im actually enrolled in a french language course at the moment and enjoying the language very much.Im also aware of certain countries that provide very afordable tuition fees if u study french.Hope to get some feedback and much appreciated.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 3:22 am

Nothing wrong with a French degree Reenita but I think you will find Spanish is more use. The reason being is it is spoken almost as widely as English and an easy follow up from French if you desire since both are romance languages. In addition if you speak Spanish Italian grammar is similar and you will soon understand Italian. I once had a Spanish landlady from the Galician region of Spain and since her local dialect was Gallego she could understand both Portuguese and Italian without difficulty.
To return to the topic of French; try to remember is doesn't have the international advantages it used to despite the protest (if that is the right word) of native French speakers. All the same still very useful to flight attendants - will PM you about sorry about the delay.

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Fri, 13 Jan 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reenita

Postby reenita » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 9:09 pm

again plavt....thanks.... :lol: