Singapore Expats

Sopranos

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:06 am

Wow, it has taken me ages to post a reply here and I've tried several times to quote SMS's reply to Sapphire and as you can see to no avail. :mad:

Anyway, c'mon SMS be fair. Credit is given to the US when it's due. There is no doubt that Hollywood does produce by far some of the best entertainment on this planet. The music industry is another great contribution worldwide.
One man's meat is another's poison.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 2:40 pm

Global Citizen wrote:Wow, it has taken me ages to post a reply here and I've tried several times to quote SMS's reply to Sapphire and as you can see to no avail. :mad:

Anyway, c'mon SMS be fair. Credit is given to the US when it's due. There is no doubt that Hollywood does produce by far some of the best entertainment on this planet. The music industry is another great contribution worldwide.
I agree 100%. But can you imagine the backlash if I had said it!?!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:34 pm

Desperate Housewives....do you get it yet?

Nip/Tuck.....

Sex and the City.........

The Sopranos............

Lost...............

Malcolm in the Middle...(excellent children/adult cult type comedy, try to see it...)....

The O.C.............

What more can I say, all American, all fabulous in their own way....

(Yes, I AM sad!!!!)
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:38 pm

Mind you, Brit stuff is great too.....

Only Fools and Horses.......

Little Britain...........

Morse.........

Prime Suspect.........

Elizabeth I...........

Red Dwarf...........think that was British, not sure, but great....

Child of our Time......

I could go on, and so could everyone else about their own country's tv offerings I suppose....

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:41 pm

But back to Tony............sigh!!!!!............he's back the end of this month or early next for series 7...or is it 6, think 6....whatever....he's back and not before time, let's hope they've made him more like he was in the first series, totally crazy............but not in the go to the phychoanalist way....in the seeing off the competition way......

My (anti) hero!

Dylan Thomas.

AirCon

Post by AirCon » Wed, 18 Jan 2006 9:27 am

I thought the Welsh countryside is beautiful - and you watch a lot of TV - guess it's a bit cold now

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Wed, 18 Jan 2006 1:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Global Citizen wrote:Anyway, c'mon SMS be fair. Credit is given to the US when it's due. There is no doubt that Hollywood does produce by far some of the best entertainment on this planet.
I agree 100%. But can you imagine the backlash if I had said it!?!
konw what you mean, sms. same as if i had said singapore is an okay place to live and singaporeans are vaguely decent? :P

but yes i agree that credit is given where it is due. hollywood is not just a source of entertainment but a great "force for good", corny as it sounds. unquestionably, in my mind at least, it has done a better job than the US government in spreading the values of freedom, equality, brotherhood, love, striving for ideals and dreams etc through the movies it makes.

Return to “General Discussions”