Singapore Expats

Sopranos

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Sopranos

Post by Bubbles » Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:09 pm

When is my hero coming back? Tony, I miss you......love Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 2:11 pm

Tell me Bubbs.....

I could see the series over and over and over again and again and again.

Did I mention I loooove the series? :wink:

Anyone knwos if and when it is coming back? Last episode here was three weeks ago... :cry:

Eric

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CardZeus » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 2:40 pm

Interested to know if the series was censored here - I have all 5 seasons on DVD and there was much use of the C-word in the last few episodes. Agree - best series to be shown on TV for a very long time. I also have 3 CD's of music from the Soprano's - also very good.
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Fri, 13 Jan 2006 7:05 pm

Yes, it's true, it's very heavy on the swearing. And to tell the truth you have to listen very hard to the lingo to 'get' it, for the first few episodes.

What I like is that they do not automatically lay the plot lines out on a plate for you, like you're some kind of slow person who needs to be lead, step by step. They say things, say about the tax guys, or some other gang, and it's not always something you knew about. More like real life, when things are not always explained.

So much violence though, and yes, there's me, always the exponent of non violence.....but it is always shown very late here, and rightly so.

(What about the scene with Christopher, and I think maybe Tony, in a normal house, cutting the head off one of their own.....and then burying or chucking him in the sea?....not saying which character this is, just in case you've not seen it...)

Apparently, they liased with the real Mafiosa in the US, and that is why it is realistic.

What the hell it is about Tony lots of women, including me, find attractive is questionable to say the least.

Fat, not attractive, funny teeth, violent in the extreme, neurotic, etc etc. It must be the power the character has...albeit a terrible power.

I JUST LOVE IT. However, I've been looked at very strangely in dinner parties etc when I say this. One woman took the hump so much with me that she nearly accused me of being a pervert. Needless to say I was my normal self with her and ignored her totally.....the old bat.

I don't mind peeps saying they don't like what I like, but hey, I'm no CostaNostra groupie, I just lurve Tony, that's all!!!!! lol.

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:02 am

When are they going to bring back Carmella's nutter of an Italian boyfriend, the one with the ponytail.......?

Furio, that was his name. Total madman, and I would so love for him to come back for her.....but the scriptwriters are ignoring my mails, so I suppose it's going to be Tony and her again....sigh!

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 3:09 am

Here's one for the fans....

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/

Dylan Thomas.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 6:41 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Tell me Bubbs.....

I could see the series over and over and over again and again and again.

Did I mention I loooove the series? :wink:

Anyone knwos if and when it is coming back? Last episode here was three weeks ago... :cry:

Eric
You do realise this was created by... how do I say it....

AMERICANS?? :P

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 8:43 pm

I LIKE AMERICANS......

Dylan Thomas.

trina01

Post by trina01 » Sat, 14 Jan 2006 9:12 pm

Bubbles wrote:When are they going to bring back Carmella's nutter of an Italian boyfriend, the one with the ponytail.......?

Furio, that was his name. Total madman, and I would so love for him to come back for her.....but the scriptwriters are ignoring my mails, so I suppose it's going to be Tony and her again....sigh!
Ooh, Furio is gorgeous. Played by Frederico Castellucio from Napoli.

Would be nice to see him again on the show.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 15 Jan 2006 8:38 am

Bubbles wrote:I LIKE AMERICANS......
Yes, but Eric never misses an opportunity to dig...

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Sun, 15 Jan 2006 1:15 pm

Tony's menacing persona is enough to give me goosepimples. Watching Sopranos actually stresses me, like a bomb is about to explode. One of my fave shows on tv. Love the music as well, especially the title song.

Ma'am Viceroy, when it comes to entertainment, no one can touch the Americans. :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Jan 2006 4:58 pm

sapphire wrote:Tony's menacing persona is enough to give me goosepimples. Watching Sopranos actually stresses me, like a bomb is about to explode. One of my fave shows on tv. Love the music as well, especially the title song.

Ma'am Viceroy, when it comes to entertainment, no one can touch the Americans. :)
Wow! Boy are you a glutton for punishment! No way in hades would I make that statement with all the usabasher on this forum. Way to go girl!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 15 Jan 2006 7:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
sapphire wrote:Tony's menacing persona is enough to give me goosepimples. Watching Sopranos actually stresses me, like a bomb is about to explode. One of my fave shows on tv. Love the music as well, especially the title song.

Wow! Boy are you a glutton for punishment! No way in hades would I make that statement with all the usabasher on this forum. Way to go girl!
She has said this before and I do appreciate it :wink:

Means even more coming from a girl who hails from the land of Bollywood =D>

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:19 pm

Awww, thanks you two. It is my opinion of course, anyone can choose to disagree.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CardZeus » Mon, 16 Jan 2006 9:05 am

FYI the title song 'Woke up this morning' is by a group called Alabama 3 (or A3)
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Return to “General Discussions”