Singapore Expats Forum

Just a gossip...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Just a gossip...

Postby Bubbles » Sat, 07 Jan 2006 5:58 am

Well then Boys and Girls, what are you up to on this Friday night? Silly question for you in Singapore cos it's already Saturday.

I am being a real old stay at home and am eating the left over chocs and Christmas cake on the sofa, in front of the fire. It's perishing cold outside and they can all go to whatever pubs they want to, I'm staying in, me.

Corrie and Easties on tv, what more do you want?
lolol....I'm joking really, but I do enjoy a slobby night in. Does anyone else?

What would you all consider to be your most favourite things to do on a night in on your own? Perleez, nothing rude. haha.

Do you boys also lay on the settee with the chocs? Or have we eaten them all before you get your mitts on them? If not, we're seriously failing in our female roles!

I'm trying to listen to Forensic Detectives now, whilst typing this on the laptop and the cat is looking up at me with that expectant look cats have, you know, the 'Feed Me, I'm A Cat' look.

Cor, what a life cats have. All they do is sleep, eat, get worshipped, and go out to wee, or whatever it is they do outside.....again, no rude comments pls.

OK, enough trash from this couch potato, I'll say night now.

Please tell me there are those amongst you who will answer this and not think I'm a crazy woman...?

(I am, but humour me.)
Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

ZIPPY

Postby ZIPPY » Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:09 am

HMM Well sitting at work with a blinding headache and wishing i had sat in with PG tips and Little Britain..will be trying to create the moment this evening with the Air Con on full and a DVD!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:48 am

The occasional couch potatoe with some snackies in front of the tele with either a dvd or just the regular rubbish on tv, sure, why not?

Most of the times though will I put on music, loud and start singing the lyrics myself, trying to imagine I could have been a Bono or alike... :D

Or get a book and read...

Eric

Wild Rover
Regular
Regular

Postby Wild Rover » Sat, 07 Jan 2006 8:31 pm

Well Bubbs, I spent my first Friday 'night in' in don't know how many years, and though it was hard to accept at first, I enjoyed it in the end. I was supposed to be travelling with work, but an annoying cold/cough made me delay 24 hours (and am indeed now at Changi!).

So I caught up on old chres I've kept putting off as never have time, then sat in front of the TV and watched DVD, David Dimbelby's "Picture of Britain" and really enjoyed it. Not that I'm homesick or anything, but I was always told what a great series this was, and I never got chance to see it when living in UK. Watched the episode on the Lake District which was great - will be there next weekend yippee, but have the splendours of New Zealand to enjoy first :D
What's worse, ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 4:25 am

Yep, here again, I must get a life. I tell you, it's this cold weather, it's horrible. Totally perishing tonight, snow on the way. I know that the world goes on beyond the door, but it's just so dark and forbidding out there. Still, am reading the new Scarpetta novel and have the Times, plus half a tin of Cadbury's Roses left over from Christmas.

If you have lived in the Northern hemisphere the weather really does take it toll. I find myself looking for signs of spring as soon as it's past Christmas, and there already are some.....catkins on my willow tree already, and the days are gradually getting longer. Yep, I know it's still January, but any sign is good news.

You are so lucky in Singapore to have such temperate weather year round. Mind you, when I lived there I used to long for the frost and snow. Never happy, are we?

Anyway, enough from me. Just a 'hi' to everyone. This'll turn out to be Bubbs Blog if I don't watch out....

Just a few more worthless facts.......bought a lottery ticket today, and you may now be reading the words of a millionairess....ha!! I wish.

Went to the gym and did an hour on the bike whilst watching an old episode of Casualty on the tv in front of me.....(no shouts of 'loser' please)

Just eaten salmon and salad, nice and healthy, and wrecked it by eating rice pudding afterwards, not to mention those Roses chocs which are calling my name as I write..........

I have lost the plot, night all.!!!!
Bubbs.

Dylan Thomas.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:18 pm

Bubbles wrote:Anyway, enough from me. Just a 'hi' to everyone. This'll turn out to be Bubbs Blog if I don't watch out....
Bubbs.

Bubbs,

You know, probably every poster, nay, every regular visitor to the forum reads your posts due to you eloquent writing style. Your comment about "Bubbs Blog" is a rather good idea that you should persue. I know I would visit as I get a kick out of your prose as I've never seen anyone write like that normally, especially for mundane gossip and fleeting glimpses of daily life and thoughts.

Keep it up Bubbs!

sms

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 6:50 pm

Thanks SMS. You know, the only reason I write like this is because I can't help it really. It's just little me, coming out in print. What's the point of bigging yourself up to be someone else when the moment you meet me ..(Coming out to Sing early March with hubby after Langkawi Ironman, so beware, will be haunting the WNDC)...and you'd suss me out right away. Far better to be just Bubbs, chatty, and sometimes out of place with comments, isn't it?

But did you know I'm really 4 foot 1, 35 stone and a unicorn? To the regulars this will mean nothing, and I know you will gracefully ignore the horn on my head, and that's what's nice about this place......acceptance. (Even of the flights of fancy inside daft posters' heads!)

OK, here goes....

Sunday morning, frost everywhere, the sun out. Times arrived and first thing I read is my horoscope, then the account of Charles Kennedy, Lib Dem, losing his job for being a recovering alcholic. Not sure if honesty is the best policy in politics, but guess things had come to such a pass that the guy had no option BUT to confess. Anyway, he's out on his bum now.

Cup of tea, and seriously thinking about making toast with peanut butter and jam, as someone suggested in the 'Sandwich' posting. Sounds yummy. If only it had no calories.

Is it harder to shift weight as you get past 35? Or 40? Or 45? I think I'm as active, or moreso now than at 35 but the 'Christmas' weight is not shifting. Perhaps it's more a case of losing the ability to remember just how much I scoff? Not big, but always was very skinny and any lb that creeps on is not a friend.

By the way, is it true that men prefer women with a bit of weight on, or is it, as a male friend of mine said, a lie put about by fat women to justify their flab? Or, should I say, ex friend.....!!! And are men more critical of the opposite sex's physique, whilst we will mostly ignore a beer belly (unless you look 8 months preggers) and think love handles just are not so important?

See what I mean, wandering mind? So many questions.

OK, must go down to the local shop and see if they've got calorie free peanut butter....................will be back in about ten years when I've found some.

Bubbs.

Dylan Thomas.