Singapore Expats Forum

Tie

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ZUNBO

Tie

Postby ZUNBO » Fri, 06 Jan 2006 1:15 am

is there a need toput a tie???during first round during self intro , how long does we need to take??anyone can advise...i dont know how the first interview is all about...i am new baby here and i dont have time to find refer back te forum...i am busy as i only can log into here after midnight..

EaStSider~

Re: Tie

Postby EaStSider~ » Sat, 07 Jan 2006 11:39 pm

ZUNBO wrote:is there a need toput a tie???during first round during self intro , how long does we need to take??anyone can advise...i dont know how the first interview is all about...i am new baby here and i dont have time to find refer back te forum...i am busy as i only can log into here after midnight..

Hey man!Yea its DEFINITELY advisable to put on a tie..itz more presentable...Be prepared it could take up to 5hrs or more!Due to all the waiting n stuff..so bring a mag or sumthin... :D
"Learning is the beginning of wealth.Learning is the beginning of health.Learning is the beginning of spirituality.Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins." ~ Jim Rohn

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 3:23 pm

ZUNBO wrote:is there a need toput a tie???during first round during self intro , how long does we need to take??anyone can advise...i dont know how the first interview is all about...i am new baby here and i dont have time to find refer back te forum...i am busy as i only can log into here after midnight..

How serious wil you take this job or interview if you can't make the effort to even search a forum . . .

Tie? Put some thought into it. Would you wear a baseball cap? No? Why not?

Use the opposite to explain to yourself why wearing a tie is a good idea, unless you can't be bothered to wear one for the same reason as above . . . [/quote]

'nuff said Image

M
Reporter
Reporter

Postby M » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 6:20 pm

Vaucluse wrote:How serious wil you take this job or interview if you can't make the effort to even search a forum . . .

Tie? Put some thought into it. Would you wear a baseball cap? No? Why not?

Use the opposite to explain to yourself why wearing a tie is a good idea, unless you can't be bothered to wear one for the same reason as above . . .
:???:

Well some are fresh from schools and national service thus do not know the procedures and requirements of a formal interview? Go easy on them manager? hehe 8)

M :cool:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 08 Jan 2006 7:43 pm

No problem there, M - just wondering why so many of them cannot even go to the trouble of doing a simple search . . . Possibly my comments would make the odd one actually do some homework and fare better in their search.
After all, does one learn through putting in some effort or relying on other's second hand, possibly incorrect, info.

'nuff said Image

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”