Singapore Expats

Long Term Social Pass or Tourist Visa?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 6:04 am

Long Term Social Pass or Tourist Visa?

Post by katieewer » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 8:35 pm

Hi there

My boyfriend and I are relocating to Singapore in February. His job is already lined up, and although I have a few interviews for when I arrive, I don't have a job yet.

Would it make sense to go on a long term social pass (which my boyfriend's company would organise for me), or would it be easier to simply go with a tourist visa until I a) find a job and b) the paperwork for a work visa comes through, leaving the country every now and then if I need to?


User avatar
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon, 30 May 2005 8:20 pm

Post by k1w1 » Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:38 am

I wouldn't bother applying for a long term social visit pass unless you think you will not be working for a long time. The paper work involved is not really worth it if you think you will have to then go through the Employment pass stuff too.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests