Singapore Expats Forum

Who's fed up with being....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Who's fed up with being....

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 9:26 pm

A well mannered girl when you want to shout 'Shut up, I've heard that story a hundred times'.....A waitress...when all you want to say is....'I'd rather fish and chips from the chippy, ta, and no, no more turkey..'
A polite hostess...when all you want to say is, 'Er, no ta, don't come cos your kids wrecked my house last year and they're even bigger now...'

Yes folks, tis the season to be jolly....lolol....

I'm only joshing....I like it really, and they're making a designer straightjacket for me as we speak............

Still, there's lots of booze here, tara all!!!! Bubbs.x
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Wed, 28 Dec 2005 5:17 am

Then there are those of us who might say they miss that stuff becaue we are away from family. My children don't know what a huge family Christams gathering is like. I miss them as that is all I knew as a child. I know it can be a pain in the back side sometimes, but enjoy it any way. It is ony for a short while.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 28 Dec 2005 8:56 am

they're making a designer straightjacket for me as we speak

Would that be Chaquelle ? :)
Or Louis Strapon? (oooerr missus)

Chin up Bubbs, :)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 7:50 pm

Bubbs,

I can put up with the repetitive droning from relatives, even the wrecked house. Here's what I can't abide when entertaining here in Singapore (and I do a lot of parties)...

Do not, DO NOT call 20 minutes after the time on the invitation and ask directions to my house. Not with the party officially started & me trying to get 10 people drinks at once.

You've had that invitation for 2 weeks and chances are I'm a little busy. Look it up in the damn Street Directory...

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 8:37 pm

Bubbles,
This could sound rather childish, but when I was at school we had this young female drama teacher who was rather popular (it was a boy's school). One she told us to sit in a circle, look at each other without laughing, smiling or smirking - might be difficult to picture but of course some of us couldn't help but burst out laughing in a short space of time.
The penalty was a to act out some scene she would 'cook up'. Perhaps you could employ the same device at your gatherings - the 'penance' to the washing up, wiping up or whatever. Who knows you might actually get some peace.

Plavt.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:02 pm

Matney wrote:Then there are those of us who might say they miss that stuff becaue we are away from family. My children don't know what a huge family Christams gathering is like. I miss them as that is all I knew as a child. I know it can be a pain in the back side sometimes, but enjoy it any way. It is ony for a short while.

Coming from a typical northern European Protestant family, both parents the only child, one brother etc . . . just spent a huge family get-together with Mrs 'Cluse side . . . . brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces already amounted to 24 . . .

Long live Protestantism . . . :???:

'nuff said Image