Singapore Expats Forum

No sleep, just chatter

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

No sleep, just chatter

Postby Matney » Sun, 25 Dec 2005 5:27 am

Merry Christmas, Everyone! Here it is just after 5 a.m., I should be asleep but I'm awake. It just started to bucket rain and there is nothing on TV, my children are past the age of getting up early to see what Santa has brought them, but here I am. What does one do to stay asleep all night long? I hate the thought of relying on sleeping pills, but this is ridiculous! I thought it was stress related, but I'm on 3 weeks of holidays and haven't touch anything related to my job for a week. Can anyone offer honest suggestions for my problem? Thanks!

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: No sleep, just chatter

Postby Plavt » Sun, 25 Dec 2005 6:19 am

Matney wrote:Merry Christmas, Everyone! Here it is just after 5 a.m., I should be asleep but I'm awake. It just started to bucket rain and there is nothing on TV, my children are past the age of getting up early to see what Santa has brought them, but here I am. What does one do to stay asleep all night long? I hate the thought of relying on sleeping pills, but this is ridiculous! I thought it was stress related, but I'm on 3 weeks of holidays and haven't touch anything related to my job for a week. Can anyone offer honest suggestions for my problem? Thanks!

I am not quite sure what the problem is but the last thing you need is sleeping pills. In any event you will find the doctors very reluctant to prescribe them as they are often very addictive. Very likely you are out of routine which is having an impact. I would have said take a holiday somewhere else but from the sound of it you are stuck in Singapore. Best thing to do is find a hobby and keep busy all day and in future try to avoid having holidays at Christmas, I find it isn't the best of year for them.

Seasons Greetings.

Plavt

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 25 Dec 2005 10:42 am

I am with you matney,

Same problem here. Last few weeks I just keep waking up and can't sleep again! Also heard the thunderstorm this morning here in our beloved east coast... Managed to catch some sleep after that, but it is annoying me as well.

All with Plavt on the sleeping pills, no solution there...

Guess we'll have to stay awake until we fall asleep again... :-|

Eric

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sun, 25 Dec 2005 6:34 pm

Yes, I agree with you both, stay off the pills.
Yes, I did get a bit of shut eye after my last post. Husband woke me while he was showering before heading down for present opening. Arrived with everyone waiting on the sofa for me turn up.
Enjoyed the Christmas Brunch at the Marriott with another couple, having only one glass of wine and way too much seafood. We really enjoyed ourselves. Heading off to neighbours for a cuppa and chat.
Hopefully, I won't be writing another post at 5 a.m.
Best wishes for the season and however you celebrate it!
:D