Singapore Expats

Change of rates on Hotel booking over the internet.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Change of rates on Hotel booking over the internet.

Post by Em Eye » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 2:27 pm

On Sunday I made a booking with asiarooms.com for our stay in Vietnam. I received a confirmation email and also one saying the payment was being processed. I then received an email yesterday saying that if we wanted the booking we would need to pay an extra $160 for the 25th Dec! We emailed them asking why and their response was:

Please be informed that the rate is higher because of hotel situation. Please advise if you want to continue the booking or you want to cancell it.

There was nothing on the website. Do we have any rights?

Thanks.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 2:35 pm

Sadly they probably have a disclaimer noting that changes are not contestable. Why not just publish the name here . . .

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 2:41 pm

The name was mentioned? Asiarooms.com?

Cancel and book with another one, there's loads out there. My experiences with zuji.com.sg and asitravel.com are good.

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 2:47 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:The name was mentioned? Asiarooms.com?

Cancel and book with another one, there's loads out there. My experiences with zuji.com.sg and asitravel.com are good.

Eric

Indeed it was, I'm a bit thick, I guess. (maybe writing to the hotel would help)

You might also wanto try Wotif.com They have the best rates by far (usually) but that is more for 7-days prior bookings

'nuff said Image

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Em Eye » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 2:58 pm

Unfortunately had my heart set on this one as I had it for just over $50 cheaper than any other site. I sat for nearly 2 hours trying to find the best deal...Oh well...back to the sites