Singapore Expats Forum

Is natural beauty passe?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

mayaray
Regular
Regular

Is natural beauty passe?

Postby mayaray » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 2:04 pm

In light of the recent storm in a teacup about a local blogger who underwent extensive plastic surgery and literal ethnic overhaul to look beautiful and get famous, I am very disturbed that this is starting a new trend of plastic people. By the looks of it, the media is also encouraging the plastic trend by making it 'hip' and riding on the controversy. So it seems, as this blogger has hit the newstands on a local men's magazine cover this month.

I've long thought that extensive plastic surgery was for the disfigured, people who have lost parts of their bodies due to cancer etc and maybe celebrities in distant shores. When I read that this girl's friends and parents encouraged her extensive surgery, I can't help but feel dismayed.

Just flip over to health and beauty forum, you get a bunch of regulars forming a plastic surgery group. Aptly named ' new nose club' -they talk about getting new noses, also making eyes more defined and deep set, jawline botox, liposuction on cheeks, body, eyelash implants etc. If people spent that amount of time an energy on making their personalities and their thoughts beautiful, the world would be a better place.

Is natural beauty a passe thing?

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Is natural beauty passe?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 2:51 pm

mayaray wrote:Is natural beauty a passe thing?

No, but just think how ugly their kids will look! :o Think about it. #-o Getting so much cosmetic surgery from butts to boobs to noses, eyelids, tummy tucks, calf implants, ear stapling, hair implants and so forth, no one will know what the other party would have originally looked like. Can you imagine (cause DNA don't change - least not yet anyway) how ugly the kids will be and the parents trying to explain to each other that this kid got their nose from me but before I got a new one, etc., etc., :lol:

I can see lots of divorces due to one party claiming the other party slept around cause the kids don't look anything like the parents.

Bafana

Re: Is natural beauty passe?

Postby Bafana » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 3:06 pm

mayaray wrote:Is natural beauty a passe thing?

Don't you mean: ugly, plain, coomon and not worth very much at all (Maybe thats what passe means)...
Be Like Water

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 4:31 pm

SMS, I never thought about plastic surgery from that perspective. Interesting indeed!

Apparently, the best example of nip and tuck is Sharon Osbourne. Botched up is Melanie Griffith.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:19 pm

sapphire wrote:SMS, I never thought about plastic surgery from that perspective. Interesting indeed!

Apparently, the best example of nip and tuck is Sharon Osbourne. Botched up is Melanie Griffith.

Is natural beauty passe?

Not at all, and Sapphire is a perfect example.

'nuff said Image

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:23 pm

Sweet and smooth there Vaucluse :cool:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 7:46 am

madwolfie wrote:Sweet and smooth there Vaucluse :cool:

Trying my best. :)

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 8:03 am

Now I'm embarassed! :oops:

But thanks Vaucluse, you can be sweet from time to time. Made an old hag's day! :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 8:45 am

sapphire wrote:Now I'm embarassed! :oops:

But thanks Vaucluse, you can be sweet from time to time. Made an old hag's day! :)

Just don't get used to it, I'm having a tender, slightly depressed day

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 9:29 am

Aww, want some cookies? :)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 4:30 pm

This is an old one but still scary. Changing face of Michael Jackson...It don't matter if you're Black or White, he sang! But I guess it did matter to him.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7366390191

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 4:34 pm

I think the guy is a genius, totally warped and unnecesarily victimised but that is freaky . . .

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 21 Dec 2005 5:58 pm

Of course he's a genius. But he would've looked so much better as a black guy than the white faced freak he looks like now. Apparently, he's only had two surgeries!