Singapore Expats Forum

Nothing could compare...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Nothing could compare...

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 8:59 am

I just took a tramp down to the lake front. On a starlit, windless night. The snow was knee-high -- but I was only in my jeans because it did not feel, in the least bit, cold. The woods as always, even in the temperate summer, are inviting -- and now in winter are a sacred place when wrapped in snow on every surface and lit by the near full moon. The old split rail face, a sentinel. So ultimately quiet and still, the only sound your own labored breath. It is so , so good to be home. The square peg has at last found a square hole.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 9:42 am

And why would you take a tramp down to the water? Hmm, you are taking this caring for the homeless a bit far, aren't you??? :)

Sounds lovely, simply lovely.

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:49 am

I'm definately envying you this Xmas! Maybe next year I'll get home as well. Merry X'mas Mary to you and your loved ones.

sms

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 4:36 pm

Nothing could compare...to home, sweet home! Bet you're soaking in every little thing there. Now that's something not easy to find here --> the only sound your own labored breath. :lol:

Just got back from Orchard Road, forget breath, I couldn't hear myself think! Its nuts there!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 7:31 pm

From your writing I can get you are soooo happy to be there in the cold. Good to hear you are enjoying yourself over there.

But.... I am sooo happy here in Singapore, no craving for the cold or european continent.

Have a good month ahead over there, la Reinne!

Eric