Singapore Expats Forum

Shit, it is art....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CardZeus » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 9:18 am

My comment was meant as a joke - sorry for any offence - It's actually quite good...
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Bafana

Re: Shit, it is art....

Postby Bafana » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 3:03 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Even worse than racism I find the total destruction of art.

May 10 1933 in nazi Germany.

Books being burnt, art being destructed. The holocaust, one of history's black pages.

I actually like the poster better then the attached 'art' works.

BTW a bit of book burning goes a long way and clearing out the dead wood and allowing for new roots to grow :cool:
Be Like Water

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Shit, it is art....

Postby Plavt » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 6:37 pm

Bafana wrote;
BTW a bit of book burning goes a long way and clearing out the dead wood and allowing for new roots to grow

But that depends just what your tastes might be and what the subject matter of what you were burning is. :P

Plavt.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Mon, 19 Dec 2005 6:47 pm

Eric,
Some interesting points who knows what died with the art that was destroyed.

Plavt.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:51 pm

Actually I think it could have been me that said the painting was sh1t, but I did caveat it with "i think" before. It was only meant in jest - as much of my daubings are here.

Eric I have to agree with SMS, yes art is a wonderful thing & another way that we can call ourselves 'civilised'. But we all have different tastes. arguing over what art is good or bad is as futile as arguing that blue is better than red. But so is saying all art is good regardless. Our different tastes help define who we are. There is no real discussion, but I apologise if I offended you
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Blue, blue blue

Postby ringo100 » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 1:17 pm

It has to be blue. Red is only worn by scumbag football teams.