Singapore Expats Forum

Can I have a moan?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Can I have a moan?

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:40 am

OK, this is a letter full of ****'s and s***'s.....

Today....after six weeks of wrangling with Domestic and General insurance my replacement washing machine has finally arrived. Been paying the sods a product protection plan for six years and they've had hundreds of quid off me....but hey........

When I got the blokes ringing me to say they were nearly at my home with the machine, guess what? That's right, cos I'd not paid a measly 12.50 quid they wouldn't plumb it in for me............so what the hell use is that?

I tell you, I have spent about three hours on phones to about 12 different people, kept hanging on and on and on.........if I hear Mariah Carey singing 'All I want for Christmas' again I will chuck myself off a cliff...

Sorry, but there is NO COMEBACK for us little people when something goes wrong....they have the strong weaponry of the service centre 'in line' phone queueing.

Sorry, just ranting. Anyway, it got done ten mins ago and I for one will never go near them again.....

Bubbs, now on the red wine and it's not five o'clock pm yet......glug!
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:45 am

Aw Bubbs.... :console:

Yeah, some companies just know how to stick it to you, then send you right over the edge with their endless phone queuing.

Know how you feel, but I swear it can't be half as bad as what could've happened if it happened here instead! :???:
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 1:01 am

Oh ta Seraphim, feel much better now. :roll:

Dylan Thomas.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 2:23 am

Sorry to hear that Bubbles but that's just typical of insurance companies. Lots of glossy TV ads that say how good they are and how much you will get when needed until come the day you need it of course. Still you did a little better than me when I purchased a five year warranty on a portable television from Tempo, they went out of business about three years later. So now I never buy extended warranties they are a farce! Hope you get your machine plumbed in some time soon.

Plavt.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 2:37 am

My apologies. Will stay out of it next time. :-|

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 5:20 am

Seraphim, not sure if you understood my dear. I was saying thankyou for thinking of me. Did I put it the wrong way. If so, apologies. Just meant thanks for being there hon.

Dylan Thomas.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 5:33 am

Done three loads of washing that I didn't need to in new all singing all dancing machine. It's fab, has LED light on tells you what to do next and even massages your neck when you're waiting for it to finish.....

OK, I'm mad, but now I've got no clothes left to wear as they're all washed.....I'm like this with new 'toys'.....God, I have to GET A LIFE....

Dylan Thomas.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 9:27 am

A woman and her washing machine... :P :mrgreen:

Eric

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 9:39 am

Last Xmas I had a guy at Currys try and sell me a 2 year extended warranty for 100 quid for a DVD which I only paid 50 quid for in the sale :???:

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:35 am

Bubbs isn't there something like "That's Life" (with Esther) where you can write & highlight your plight to make others aware? Name & shame the company type thing?

On a lighter note, why are washing machines covered in hieroglyphics? Is it a conspiracy so us guys can't understand & therefore can't do the washing? erm well that's my excuse anyway. I know one setting on the washing machine which so far manages to do all of my clothes, but delicates? wool? fast colours? I might as well read the instructions to a DVD player & get a better understanding.

And washing powders??? what's all that about? Different powder if you have a top loader or a side loader? Come on it's just soap! Oh they are very clever in putting different amounts of blue specks (which do absolutely nothing) to con us into thinking we are getting a better soap.

Never mind I am sure it will all come out in the wash - as long as it can go on a number 7 :) sorry rant over
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 3:17 pm

No issue, Bubbs.

I just 'Grinched it' for a moment there. Sorry bout that.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 5:57 pm

If you're prone to moan, you'll be stuck on the phone with a clone.

In the time blown, your kids will have grown and left you alone and you'll become an old crone!

But I'll throw you this bone, beware the stone thrown! Better to intone to the Ramones and not to groan. But alas, now I must go, for now I do drone.