Singapore Expats Forum

Finding a man!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

anjin-san

Postby anjin-san » Thu, 22 Dec 2005 9:59 am

I've been following these threads for a while, and it seems (it may be just me) that there seems to be a strong perception that most Singaporean men just aren't good enough for Singaporean women.
I don't mean to open a can of worms (too late!), but I find it grossly unfair to say things like 'the talented ones are overseas', 'they are't good conversationalists' etc.
I am absolutely certain that if you looked with an open-mind, you'll find a great guy - white, black or brown, overseas educated or a B.A from NUS.

My 2 cents.

snowball

Postby snowball » Thu, 22 Dec 2005 2:08 pm

Do not think there's such a thing as someone not good enough for another. It all depends on what each individual is looking for.

If one is bent on looking for someone with blond hair, blue/green/grey eyes/ sweet talker / charming / generous in monetary terms... then yes Singaporean men don't easily fit into that category.

With families & responsiblities so close to them, they wouldn't have as much "space" as they would like, to be the ideal man for our local girls.

What are we comparing Singaporean men against? Stop comparing and start looking at them as a "viable" choice. Maybe that might help? :cool:

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 3:21 am

Are you advocating sympathy for local men? Any of them to stand up for themselves here?

Why do local men need help from local girls to change their perspective? So pathetic!

I do not believe Singaporean men are such losers (and no, I'm not Singaporean) :P
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

anjin-san

Postby anjin-san » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 8:09 am

I'm not Singaporean nor am I female. :x

:wink:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 9:13 am

anjin-san wrote:I'm not Singaporean nor am I female. :x

:wink:
:lol:

'nuff said Image

snowball

Postby snowball » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:07 am

riversandlakes wrote:Are you advocating sympathy for local men? Any of them to stand up for themselves here?

Why do local men need help from local girls to change their perspective? So pathetic!

I do not believe Singaporean men are such losers (and no, I'm not Singaporean) :P

:lol: I'm no preacher and not so much of a humanist here. I'm sure able men (regardless of their nationalities) will be able to stand up for themselves.

Men & their ego... :wink:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 2:27 pm

snowball wrote:
:lol: I'm no preacher and not so much of a humanist here. I'm sure able men (regardless of their nationalities) will be able to stand up for themselves.

depends on the amount of alcohol I guess

'nuff said Image

snowball

Postby snowball » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 3:55 pm

And how well can you hold your alcohol, Mr Vaucluse? :cool: