Singapore Expats Forum

Finding a man!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

LuvWurking

Postby LuvWurking » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:01 am

I think the most important thing to find a man is to get out and be about. There is alot ot be said for getting out of the house and your immediate circle of friends, and letting yourself meet people. Go volunteer, go read in a lobby, go shop...you can't meet anyone sitting alone at home so get out is my best advice.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:26 pm

That's got to be a US number, and in movies too!

I've seen some real-looking ones in Malaysian airports. Wonder what happens when one calls. Auto-conversion to the dark side?

Rise, Lord Duda.

Vaucluse wrote:I have done some research for you - call 555-8765

(Ok, I saw it scribbled on the toilet door at the airport last night . . . For a good time, call XXX on . . . )
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

fefe

Postby fefe » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:37 am

Conker wrote:
Apart from the bar scene and online dating, where can I find an eligible man (not into casual encounters) ????????

Join a club, take up some hobbies. 'Eligible' men generally dont like boring girls that shop and spend hours doing their make up. Yawn. The average man will do though.

If that fails wear a short skirt and head for the Towers. You never know you could be the next Pretty Woman.

Interesting view indeed. I didn't know girls who shop a lot and spend hours doing their make-up are boring. (Ironically, a number of them probably do that to please the male species) :) :)

I guess it is the same for guys who spend hours in front of the tv watching soccer. Wouldn't you say they boring too ??? :D :D

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:55 am

spend hours in front of the tv watching soccer. Wouldn't you say they boring too ?

erm no, well depends who is playing but generally no :D
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:58 am

Baron,

I think Fefe doesnot see the difference between the obsessed shopping girls and the enlightened male soccer fans, which is ok as such.

Us men will only socialize with the 'real woman': the ever so petite and cute asian woman, feminine, pretty and charming.

So, I finally said it, feel much better now... :mrgreen:

Eric

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:27 pm

Arrhhhgghh the worms! THE WORMS! they are all over me!!!

Eric did you have to open that can over my head?

:D
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

Hemingway

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hei guess what » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 1:08 pm

dragon boating's the way to go if you wanna catch a hunk. Worked for some . . .

So head down to the beach at Kallang Riverside Park on a Sat and join a team - doesn't matter which team as the name is not at all an indication of the nationalities making up the team.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 1:29 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:Arrhhhgghh the worms! THE WORMS! they are all over me!!!

Eric did you have to open that can over my head?

:D

A pleasure baron, as always... :P

Eric

YF
Regular
Regular

Postby YF » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 4:04 pm

Yes, you do want to be out and about, but if you are going to be meeting strangers out and about, you will need to be prepared to be friendly. This sounds a lot easier than it is. I seem to have a habit of randomly talking to people when I am out (guys and girls) and often times people are so freaked out a stranger is talking to them they just want to get out of the situation -- perhaps this is the reason I do it -- this must be my sadistic side coming through haha.

-Rob

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 7:23 pm

Hey Eric.....lovely as Asian petite women are, some of us Caucs are ok too you know.........and more to the point, we can also be petite....even if we are generally taller, still can be skinny and attractive in that boring, boring, yawn yawn blonde blue eyed way!!!!! lol.

Just flying the flag for a 'different look' here. Mind you, I must admit, I understand the attraction of those lovely skins and dark eyes and hair....

Hey wait, what about Indian women? My hubby thinks they are the most beautiful creatures in the world....and Indian guys and their eyes, ahh, what can I say?

However, same could be said for the tall dutch, the Ozzies, (think suntan, muscles and surfboard) and even our homegrown black haired blue eyed Welsh big guys....

Generalization, generalization Bubbles.....but what I mean is...if you find one race more beautiful generally does it stop you from using your 'radar' in ignoring others? Do you tend to home in on 'the look' you like?

Or have you ever been surprised at finding a particular person attractive, say...if they had none of the things you usually go for....or is your life (talking everyone here, not just Eric) a succession of partners who look quite like the last one?

Interesting thought, isn't it? If we restrict ourselves, deliberately, to one 'look?'

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 8:03 pm

Bubbles wrote:Hey Eric.....lovely as Asian petite women are, some of us Caucs are ok too you know.........and more to the point, we can also be petite....even if we are generally taller, still can be skinny and attractive in that boring, boring, yawn yawn blonde blue eyed way!!!!! lol.

Just flying the flag for a 'different look' here. Mind you, I must admit, I understand the attraction of those lovely skins and dark eyes and hair....

Hey wait, what about Indian women? My hubby thinks they are the most beautiful creatures in the world....and Indian guys and their eyes, ahh, what can I say?

However, same could be said for the tall dutch, the Ozzies, (think suntan, muscles and surfboard) and even our homegrown black haired blue eyed Welsh big guys....

Generalization, generalization Bubbles.....but what I mean is...if you find one race more beautiful generally does it stop you from using your 'radar' in ignoring others? Do you tend to home in on 'the look' you like?

Or have you ever been surprised at finding a particular person attractive, say...if they had none of the things you usually go for....or is your life (talking everyone here, not just Eric) a succession of partners who look quite like the last one?

Interesting thought, isn't it? If we restrict ourselves, deliberately, to one 'look?'

Bubbs.

Bubbs, you know you're my number 1 right? Always and forever... :wink:

Eric

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 8:23 pm

:oops: :D

Mwahh!!

lol.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:31 pm

Bubbles wrote::oops: :D

Mwahh!!

lol.

(Pssst, Bubbs - Eric has said that MHB, Sapphire and a few other ladies are his number one as well this month so far. Beware of the Cheesehead lothario :) )

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:37 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Bubbles wrote::oops: :D

Mwahh!!

lol.

(Pssst, Bubbs - Eric has said that MHB, Sapphire and a few other ladies are his number one as well this month so far. Beware of the Cheesehead lothario :) )

None of us take Eric seriously. At least I don't. :lol:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:40 pm

He takes himself seriously for ten . . . .

Hmm . . . lothario - have not used that word in a long time . . . kind of cool.

'nuff said Image