Singapore Expats Forum

Would you prefer to fly by Budget Airline?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Postby emiko08 » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:54 pm

riversandlakes wrote:Hey, Vaucluse, what's with AirAsia-bashing. It's the pioneer and the #1 budget airline at least in SEA. ALSO the official budget airline sponsor for Manchester United.
Stick to Bush-bashing please :P

Been flying only AirAsia all these while. Imagine a total of RM9.99+30 (airport tax) from Kuala Lumpur to Senai, then here :D
Well, at least AA hides behind the legal obligation of airport tax, instead of the lame excuse admin charge :o

I'm all for budget airlines. For the OP, ever heard of budget airliners falling off the sky? What makes you think they're outside of the regulations requiring trained pilots and regularly-maintained aircrafts?

The furor on MAS now is that it pays RM1 for an egg. Hence it's fares. Now we know the fares are bloated. AirAsia, for example, just gets rid of the egg altogether!

RM9.99 is very very very cheap! :shock:

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 8:33 am

Ah Parie, j'adore.

Be better to see it in moonlight, midsummer with Colin Firth, of course...but hey, I can dream...................
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 9:42 am

riversandlakes wrote:Hey, Vaucluse, what's with AirAsia-bashing. It's the pioneer and the #1 budget airline at least in SEA. ALSO the official budget airline sponsor for Manchester United.
May I point out in the open that it fails to get landing rights at Changi exactly because it'll overwhelm the struggling local budget airlines here?
Stick to Bush-bashing please :P!

Well, as far as AirAsia bashing goes - hardly. An opinion was asked for and I just gave a simple 'No, thanks'. Bashing?

Ok, here we go then - AirAsia are the most woeful airline to have hit a runway - they have the worst record for late departures/arrivals but sugarcoat the figure by some bizarre manner.

Their attendants are simply the absolute pits in human degeneration - pathetic wanna-be's who are more interested in making sure their blue contact lenses don't slip out of place or that their skirts are not too too too tight when they try to walk up and down the aisle -

I wouldn't trust them to start a piss-up in a brewery.

Do I give a rat's arse about their ManU connection?

Point out the landing rights as much as you wish, they are still crap - and no airline has the RIGHT to have landing rights - you are sounding like the mad doctor Mahatir, blaming everything from his pimples to the fact that he's a whacko on Singapore first and the Caucasian world second.

You want more about AirAsia?
What about having to dash across the runway with rain pelting down, the elderly getting totally drenched?
Their pathetic attempts at letting the elderly and those with children board first, and then give them a few seconds headstart - and not giving a stuff when people cut in line? They get caught up in the maelstrom of the others rushing past them for seats - what is this crap about no assigned seating - would it add cost? Nope - does it get Malaysians to arrive at the airport on time. Nope.

Oh, you want more, I hear you say - - -

Has any budet airliner fallen out of the sky? Not yet.
How many have had their licenses revoked for shoddy maintenance? A few.
How many have had landing rights refused for the above reason? A few.

I could go on, but then I'd be AirAsia bashing.
Last edited by Vaucluse on Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:04 am

Last edited by dot dot dot on Wed, 17 May 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

eugene25

Postby eugene25 » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:47 am

Heard about those Airasia problems from my girlfriend who took it going to Kuala Lumpur. They should consider assigned seats and letting the elderly and those with children to board first. Well if JetStar can do it then why cant they.

Looking forward to a nice flight with Tiger sometime in January, as of now I consider Jetstar a good budget airline.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:08 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Vaucluse,

keep them coming, I love it!!! :D

Good reading on a Wednesday morning, hope your adrenaline has in the meantime somehow vanished a bit? :wink:

Thanks,

Eric

Just saying' it like it is . . . :D I needed to get geared up for a job interview I just finished - went really well too . ..

'nuff said Image

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:10 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Wed, 17 May 2006 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:12 pm

Glad to hear the interview went well Vaucluse, wasn't a PR job for Tiger airlines then? :D
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:17 pm

Oh, the Baron and Eric giving me the 'what for', is it???? :lol:

Nah, wouldn't work for either of them for a million . . . umm, hang on - are they looking?

Should I search on the Dim side - 'Tiger/AirAsia CEO Job'? and go on for over 100 pages on the same old bloody thing - same bloody questions - "Is you an CEO orredy?"

Sheesh!
Last edited by Vaucluse on Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'nuff said Image

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Postby emiko08 » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:22 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Oh, the Baron and Eric giving me the 'what for', is it???? :lol:

Nah, wouldn't work for eiher of them for a million . . . umm, hang on - are they looking? Should I search on the Dim side - 'Tiger/AirAsia CEO Job'? and go on for over 100 pages on the same old bloody thing - same bloody questions - "Is you a FA orredy?"

Sheesh!

you want to be a COE of Tiger Airway?? :P :P

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:28 pm

emiko08 wrote:

Nah, wouldn't work for eiher of them for a million . . . umm, hang on - are they looking? Should I search on the Dim side - 'Tiger/AirAsia CEO Job'? and go on for over 100 pages on the same old bloody thing - same bloody questions - "Is you a FA orredy?"

Sheesh!

Yes, and then I want to buy a CEO for my car.

'nuff said Image

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Postby emiko08 » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:31 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
emiko08 wrote:

Sheesh!

Yes, and then I want to buy a CEO for my car.

COE you mean? :cool:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:43 pm

Ah . . . . it must be - how silly of me . . .
Last edited by Vaucluse on Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'nuff said Image

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Postby emiko08 » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:47 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Ah . . . . it must be - how sily of me . . .

:P :P :P let me become your assistant CEO

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 3:24 pm

emiko08 wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Ah . . . . it must be - how sily of me . . .

:P :P :P let me become your assistant CEO

You are sweet, Emiko . . . and I feel baaaad for some of my posts . . .

'nuff said Image