Singapore Expats Forum

Where to go tonight?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

YF
Regular
Regular

Where to go tonight?

Postby YF » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 6:19 pm

Well I finally made it to Singapore!

So far I absoultly love it. I didn't realize Singapore was so green -- it's like one big forest!

Anyways, I am staying in Dhoby Ghaut now and was thinking about going somewhere for a drink tonight. Anyone recomend a place?

Apparently, drinking alone is the first sign of alchoholism, so does anyone want to join me? -- we wouldn't want me to be an achoholic would we?

-Rob

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Welcome to Singapore!

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 6:24 pm

:) Considering I drank too much beer yesterday night... :???: ... Good luck in finding someone to accompany you for a quencher tonight! have fun! :)

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 6:26 pm

Hey! You finally made it! I guess you'll be able to join everyone for drinks on Wednesday at the Post bar at the Fullerton? As far as tonight goes, take a walk down by Clarke and Boat Quays. It's lovely by the river. And with a little breeze the nights can be sultry and beautiful. Don't worry about drinking alone, you're a toursit after all! Welcome Rob!

P.S. Did you bring my Pizza? Or at least a calzone from Tony & Lucille's?

YF
Regular
Regular

Postby YF » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 6:38 pm

Haha, no, sorry didn't bring anything. Bags were full!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 6:47 pm

welcome Rob! sorry can't join you tonight either. but drinking alone is a good way to meet people, which is enjoyable too. glad you like singapore so far. let us know what you think by the time you leave! :wink:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:48 pm

Rob,

welcvome to the green city indeed... :)

If you wanna go for as drink Rob, you can PM me and I will reply with my HP number, we can meet.

Just let me know!

Eric

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:47 pm

Rob,

Welcome to Singapore. As you are in DG I would recommend you walk up Orchard Road & try to find Emerald Hill (on the right opposite Somerset MRT & inbetween Centre Point & Emerald Shopping Centre). It is a lovely 'old worldy' feel to it with lots of nice old buildings. The bars there are ok & frequented by many expats & locals. Try 5s or ice cold - good happy hours. It is difficult to imagine that you are only a stones throw from a busy main road, while drinking outside watching the world go by

Fancy a curry afterwards? I would recommend the Maharaja(?) on Cuppage road which is kind of on the way home for you.

In a nutshell that is my perfect evening :D
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway