Singapore Expats

Why do married men/women stray after marriage?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Why do married men/women stray after marriage?

Post by Bremen » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:51 am

emiko08 wrote:recently, there is this married man who is old enough to be my father asked me to be his girlfriend! i was really disgusted by his action as he is married, with 2 kids. not only me, my friends (all Japanese) also experience the same thing. who wants to be a third party anyway?

have these men forgotten the promise they gave infront of the Pastor and witness? to love the wife and be with her forever? was it a moment of folly or..?

i feel sorry for his wife. i do not think i want to get married anymore.
It also has to do with culture... In japan, it tends to be a very "macho" culture leaning towards paedophilia. Young, "innocent" schoolgirls are seen as the "ideal" woman. Look at all the japanese manga, hentai, anime, etc. It's always a very young, very "innocent" girl in a very short school uniform.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Why do married men/women stray after marriage?

Post by emiko08 » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:59 am

Bremen wrote: It also has to do with culture... In japan, it tends to be a very "macho" culture leaning towards paedophilia. Young, "innocent" schoolgirls are seen as the "ideal" woman. Look at all the japanese manga, hentai, anime, etc. It's always a very young, very "innocent" girl in a very short school uniform.
i have to say this: its time for Japanese married man to grow up and be faithful to their own wife. or else don't get married. that also goes out to other nationality people. actually i know of a few japanese married woman and they always cry out and say their husband "this and that.." its really upset to keep hearing stories of these.

i personally encountered these old married Japanese man back in my home country (Japan) and they are willing to pay up to S$1,000 to be with a girl for a night. and these school girls are willing to sleep with them cause of the money offered. :?

ScooterBiscuit

After much soul searching

Post by ScooterBiscuit » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 8:12 pm

I'll tell you why men or women cheat - because they're selfish. I truly believe that even if a relationship is lacking, if you respect yourself and your partner (i.e. you can think outside yourself and are not selfish) you would never cheat.

I know this is true. i have a wonderful male friend who everyone loves (simply because he is wondeful) and he has been propositioned many times. he is in a long term relationship, and, whilst they have had rocky times he would never cheat, as he views it as being disrespectful and selfish to himself and his partner.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 8:42 pm

Cheating is not to be taken lightly and is certainly not what you would expect from you partner (unless agreed upon by both partners), BUT... Sooo many reasons for cheating.... useless discussion when narrowing it down and only being judgemental about it.

Eric

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:53 pm

Touche :(

Well...

Bah! Being cheated on once, and having read close to a thousand stories on www.ojar.com in drunken stupor, I no longer believe in LOGIC in explaining what was going on in a cheater's mind.

No offense to anyone who lists down the "reasons" for cheating above, but I think that is just naive.
May I ask, before I get slammed, if this is familiar - "...it's something that can be fixed, not to end a x-year relationship." Mind you, 1/2/3 don't count as a value for x ;)
If it's not, then never mind...

I believe it's just because they failed to realize "treat others as one would like to be treated." I guess they love being cheated on. Good luck!
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Post by emiko08 » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 9:37 am

IT IS ALL IN THE MIND! O:)

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:06 am

emiko08 wrote:IT IS ALL IN THE MIND! O:)
you certainly underestimate the power of the man's tools here.

Eric

emiko08
Chatter
Chatter

Post by emiko08 » Wed, 14 Dec 2005 2:53 pm

okay. then i should say

HUMANS ARE NEVER SATISFIED WITH ONE. :P