Singapore Expats Forum

This week's WNDC, Dec 14, will be at Post Bar

Weekly meetup of WNDC - Wednesday Night Drinking Club
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 2:10 am

jolmar wrote:
sapphire wrote:Shoot me if I touch alcohol tonight.

i'm not sure i want to risk my life ;-)

Haha, your life was spared. I'm not a monster you know. :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 2:28 am

sapphire wrote:I am so proud of myself tonite. Diet Coke was perfect for me tonite. :)

9 singdollars for the coke right? And 21 Singdollars for an Erdinger... :shock:

It might get a bit irritating that I criticize the choice of venues, but I can tell that it is far more irritating to pay that ridiculous amount of money for drinks.

Good choice therefore deadpoet, keep it up... :?

I know you won't react, but dude, you must be a millionaire and think we are as well?

Eric

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 9:23 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:9 singdollars for the coke right? And 21 Singdollars for an Erdinger... :shock:

Bring on the 10 dollar pints tonight \:D/

Deadpoet
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Deadpoet » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:08 am

Thanks for all those who came to the first WNDC gala holiday celebration last night. We were once again by far the largest crowd.

An early glimpse of next week's WNDC, we will be bidding farewell to one of our regulars. Check back on Sun for the venue.

For those who are leaving on holidays, have a merry Christmas and a happy new year. See you in 2006!
Deadpoet
Carpe Diem

sonia888
Regular
Regular

Postby sonia888 » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:11 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
It might get a bit irritating that I criticize the choice of venues, but I can tell that it is far more irritating to pay that ridiculous amount of money for drinks.

Eric

Irritated?? No! Why? :-)
I guess the members of WNDC would be in distress, if you would say anything positive about the event ;-)

Frenzy

Nice bunch

Postby Frenzy » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:41 am

Hey, as a newcomer last night i'd just like to say thanks to all you folk for being such a nice bunch. :wink: Hope to see you all again soon.
If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread,
they can sure make something out of you.
-- Muhammad Ali

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 15 Dec 2005 6:23 pm

sonia888 wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:

Eric

Irritated?? No! Why? :-)
I guess the members of WNDC would be in distress, if you would say anything positive about the event ;-)

members? :?

Eric

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:50 am

Its a nice place Eric...expensive, yes. You should have had Coke like me. :P
If nothing else, at least you've made a few friends thanks to the WNDC, fair to say that, no?

Deadpoet, looking forward to the next one, my last one for this year. :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:30 am

ok, well since you asked for it, here's an explanation of my thinking:

It is a social event to meet other people of the forum. Great, love it. Several 'members' of the WNDC have made it clear that they would like deadpoet to think of either other venues as these other 'members' like the places suggested, or they have made it pretty clear that some of the venues chosen are a bit on the expensive side.

Sounds fair, doesnot it?

Instead this one was ridiculously expensive! And please now don't say you liked this one, the noise was horrible you told me...

Nevertheless I do agree one meets nice people and all credits for that do go to deadpoet, as he made this happen, so my respect to him for that.

But still I think he should come off his high horse and listen to what is being mentioned here by quite a few people: make different choices and do take in consideration that some of the places are just too expensive to enjoy a few beers.

Deadpoet himself likes beers quite well, or at least he does consume considerable amounts and is proud of that he tell each and everyone, so he should know that reasonable prices will only benefit himself at the end of the day.

And just to make sure, I am not hiding myself here on the forum, I will tell deadpoet myself about my concerns next wndc, no problem.

Cheers,

Eric
Last edited by dot dot dot on Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:39 am

It was noisy, yes. Not everything can be perfect.

Deadpoet has decided not to react to you. I almost like that. :P

Anyway, all I'll say here is, you've said your piece. Are you done yet? Or will this continue? Honestly, I don't know about others, but I feel very uncomfortable with all this tension between you two. I wish you would stop this. I really do. Personal attacks are very uncalled for on a public forum.