Singapore Expats Forum

THE ATTRACTION BETWEEN CAUCASIAN MEN & ASIAN WOMEN ???

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:02 pm

k1w1 wrote:Oh I get it, stereotypes are fine if they make you guys look good. Then it's just a big ol' laugh and we should all just see it for the game that it (clearly) is...

And I don't think some of those comments (penis measurements excluded) were made in jest at all.

Nonsense. There are many anti-caucasian stereotypes as well, and I've been on the receiving end of those quite often.

This thread so far has also debunked many stereotypes. So really, take a deep breath and relax.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:15 pm

k1w1, Before the silly and immature penis discussion that was ALSO self depricating in a funny way - i think i had made the comment about finding the stereotype of the quiet and demure asian wife a think of the distant past. I still stand by that.

I also beleive that both the husbands and wives in many interacial couples that i have met to be more dynamic and open minded people in a fun way - and i stand by that. (Though in NY the more common variety might be say a Catholic and Jew - but the same applies all over the globe)

Now we are down to the comment about the japanese and korean wives who stay at home to be second class citizens - well... yea... i find them boring. I also find my relatives living in Pennsylvania pretty boring.

Was there somthing else that touched a raw nerve?
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:31 pm

Wham, it is amazing how you can make sweeping generalisations about Singaporeans on one thread, calling WIMH racist for not agreeing with you, because it directly affected you and your wife.

And yet, on another thread you can call "western men who do not marry outside of their race unadventurous" and Asian women who do not want to marry out of their race boring and happy to be second-class citizens. This is all fine because you deem it to be? It is racist and hypocritical.

There is no need for you or Bremen to tell me to calm down. I am not a child (it is not me discussing my genitals) and am not hysterical. Far from it.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:37 pm

sapphire wrote:I'm totally sweet, quiet and demure. Oh and Asian. :P

Of all the myths and innuendo it is finally nice to see one outrageously unsubstantiated and completely out of this world claim.
Last edited by Vaucluse on Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:40 pm

What can I say Vaucluse but that I'm completely honest in cyber space. :P

K1w1, you go girl. If I had read a couple of pages before you, would have given Wham a piece of my mind as well!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:46 pm

k1w1, Y

It appears you may have a screw lose and I feel like i am a character in The Trial because your complaint is so insane... Obviously something i said earlier must have irritated you so i'm not gonna win this one and will cease and desist as this is just plain stupid.

However, i will say this before moving on, there is big difference between respecting friends who seem to have broken out of their pre-dispossed cultural mold by marrying outside of their race - and the outright bigotry that singaporeans quite often display toward their domestic workers - and if you can't see the difference, there is not much i can do to help you.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CardZeus » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:48 pm

broken out of their pre-dispossed cultural mold

yuck - is this akin to primordial soup?
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:54 pm

yea... that looked a bit odd but i was typing fast. Please read "social mellieu." Hopefully the point if understood...

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:55 pm

sapphire wrote:What can I say Vaucluse but that I'm completely honest in cyber space. :P

K1w1, you go girl. If I had read a couple of pages before you, would have given Wham a piece of my mind as well!

You can afford to give away even a small piece? :o

'nuff said Image

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 2:57 pm

Is this the way you win arguments, Wham? By getting personal and blatantly insulting. I do not have a screw loose. I simply despise racism.

You, at no point, said your "friends who married out of their races" and instead made belittling comments about entire races of people. The connection I made between the two threads is that you seemed so against rasist behaviour and were very adamant that it is despicable to treat another humn being badly or assume negative things about them because of their race.

Yet, this is exactly what you have done here by claiming everyone who has married somone of the same race is either spineless or unadventurous. You now claim you were just talking about your friends.

I am sure you will need the last word. Go ahead and take it. I can't be bothered with racism, and it's even more disgusting from someone who thinks they are being open-minded.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 3:01 pm

K1W1, ok, here is the last word, you DO sound like a HYSTERICAL CHILD and you DO need to CALM DOWN because you apparently C'ant Understand Normal Thinking.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 3:15 pm

Vaucluse wrote:

If she's not using it anyway... ;)

:boxing: :???: :-({|=
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 4:04 pm

Wham wrote:If anything, and i am SURE i am stepping in ^&%&^%* here - the quiet and demure ones are satisfied as second class citizens in say Japan and Korea - while the ones with a real joie de vie are the ones that break out of the mold and marry outside the race. I might also say that less adventurous western men stick with their own while the ones with progressive open minds are the ones willing to break out of their own norm - so this may cut both ways in a positive way.

This whole paragraph should have begun with IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. It is entirely your opinion which can be right or wrong.
Time and again you've taken your attack to a personal level. A pity indeed, shows immaturity. That's all I'll say to you Wham.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 4:05 pm

Bremen wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:

If she's not using it anyway... ;)

:boxing: :???: :-({|=

Well, some people seem to need it more than me. :roll:

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 4:36 pm

Saphire, the "and i may be stepping in *&*^" was meant to convey that i was now joking. The IMHO was implicit. Sorry if i don't know all the rules... The funny thing is that we were mostly taking the piss OUT OF stereotypes and goofing around and THEN OUT OF NOWHERE come the thought police. You guys would be better off running your own feminist communist state...