Singapore Expats Forum

THE ATTRACTION BETWEEN CAUCASIAN MEN & ASIAN WOMEN ???

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:36 am

Wham wrote:Bubbles and Plavt,

I have to say - i always found this to be the most perposterous of stereotypes - the idea of the demure quite asian woman bla bla bla - its like some bad stereotype left over from some really bad post ww2 hollywood films and pretty much dead.

I know many western men married to: Korean, Filipina, Thai, Malay, Singaoprean, Chinese, and Japanese women - and not only are NONE of the women "quiet and demure" - but i don't think one of the men ever expected them to be. Quite on the contrary, in my experience i see western men marrying the STRONG and OUTSPOKEN Asian women - and that in some way this is the attraction.

If anything, and i am SURE i am stepping in ^&%&^%* here - the quiet and demure ones are satisfied as second class citizens in say Japan and Korea - while the ones with a real joie de vie are the ones that break out of the mold and marry outside the race. I might also say that less adventurous western men stick with their own while the ones with progressive open minds are the ones willing to break out of their own norm - so this may cut both ways in a positive way.

And Im stepping right into it with you:
SURE i am stepping in ^&%&^%* here

Mrs 'Cluse quiet ad demure, satisfied with tending the stove and kids, a slave to my every beck and call - - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'nuff said Image

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:37 am

Wham wrote:Quite on the contrary, in my experience i see western men marrying the STRONG and OUTSPOKEN Asian women - and that in some way this is the attraction.

Having lived in the Philippines for a while, I agree with this. I think a lot of asian women are strong and outspoken, but they still love being "a woman" in the sense of being feminine, etc. Many "western-raised" women (western-born asians too) tend to see being "girly" as a weakness. Asians simply see it as feminine.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:38 am

Vaucluse wrote:
Mrs 'Cluse quiet ad demure, satisfied with tending the stove and kids, a slave to my every beck and call - - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pray to god she doesn't read this... ;)
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:40 am

Where's the bloody delete button!!!!!!!!??????? :o :o :o :o

'nuff said Image

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:41 am

Vaucluse wrote:Where's the bloody delete button!!!!!!!!??????? :o :o :o :o

Mrs 'Cluse has it.

- Terry Pratchett

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:43 am

Wow, wow, Vaucluse (I kinda like the way this sounds.... :o ) is that your fantasy playing out or are you just playing with fire? :D

Hit delete before you're deleted! :D
Last edited by Global Citizen on Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
One man's meat is another's poison.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:44 am

Bremen - you hit the nail on the head. So many NY/American women that i know are SO preoccupied with being perceived as equals that they feel that being feminine somehow degrades them. Whereas i know a very large number of asian women that are very comfortable being both feminine and strong - and do not see a contradiction. Me, i just find it a hot combination.

Vaucluse, the guest room will be free when Mrs V reads above...
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:45 am

Vaucluse' ego: RIP [-o<

'nuff said Image

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:52 am

Wham wrote:Bremen - you hit the nail on the head. So many NY/American women that i know are SO preoccupied with being perceived as equals that they feel that being feminine somehow degrades them. Whereas i know a very large number of asian women that are very comfortable being both feminine and strong - and do not see a contradiction. Me, i just find it a hot combination.

Vaucluse, the guest room will be free when Mrs V reads above...

Interesting. When I first went to the US over 20 years ago, the one thing that struck me about the female newscasters there was how very loud, pushy and 'out there' they sounded versus their Asian counteparts. Almost as if in order to compete in a male dominated field, it was imperative for them to sound like their male counterparts (you get the gist of what I'm saying here). This has maybe translated down to other areas perhaps in competing for equality.

Asian women can be all of the above too as we know but some have maybe learnt the art of tempering that with feminity to their advantage.
One man's meat is another's poison.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:13 am

Thanks, Wham . . . I feel I can kee this secret as she doesn't troll the forums. If she does happen to, however, I don't snore (much) and eat very little.

'nuff said Image

TONY123

Postby TONY123 » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:30 am

FROM Bremen

Having lived in the Philippines for a while, I agree with this. I think a lot of asian women are strong and outspoken, but they still love being "a woman" in the sense of being feminine, etc. Many "western-raised" women (western-born asians too) tend to see being "girly" as a weakness. Asians simply see it as feminine.

Bremen,
thanks for your insight, I think this is the key point on why so many Caucasian Men are attracted to Asian Women.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:37 am

TONY123 wrote:Bremen,
thanks for your insight, I think this is the key point on why so many Caucasian Men are attracted to Asian Women.

I just wish that most of my fellow caucasian men had a little more of an "asian" perspective on beauty... Not to say too much, but some of the women that the "new to asia" caucasians go out with... :-#

:shit:

Ah well, at least it leaves more of the attractive ones single... Though, then again, that doesn't really apply here in SG either... :P

- Terry Pratchett

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:46 am

Bremen wrote:Having lived in the Philippines for a while, I agree with this. I think a lot of asian women are strong and outspoken, but they still love being "a woman" in the sense of being feminine, etc. Many "western-raised" women (western-born asians too) tend to see being "girly" as a weakness. Asians simply see it as feminine.

Exactly lah.

Do you wnat to date and share your intimate life with a feminine partner or with a compiteter/btuched otu femme nazi.

I pick a lady any day of the week over a woman.
Be Like Water

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CardZeus » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:50 am

Shouldn't the question be why asian women are attracted to caucasian men?

The answer: Our incredibly large penises (5" is incredibly large - no??)
Last edited by CardZeus on Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

luvtea

Postby luvtea » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:51 am

It is true in some ways that most korean and japanese men are attracted to women who are more feminine..not stereotyping.

Hmm i don't know many western born asians who sees feminity as a weakness or degrading. At least the ones I know are feminine, can be quiet yet outspoken and aggressive when necessary. Guys find them attractive, well apart from the fact that they are hot. :P

I think it's mastering the skill of being feminine and yet being strong as attractive. I agree with Wham, it's a hot combination.
Namaste..