Singapore Expats Forum

THE ATTRACTION BETWEEN CAUCASIAN MEN & ASIAN WOMEN ???

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:57 pm

ok, wake up everybody - TONY123 is a most likely a disgruntled Asian man looking for answers and/or trying to blame some ex-pat white guys for his misery. Sprry Tony - you have played it well so far but not our fault - try using good manners and respect...it usually works.

And for the record - his locationis JB. How many Expats do you know posted in JB?
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

TONY123

The attaction between Caucasian Men and Asian Women

Postby TONY123 » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:55 pm

Hey Wham,
interesting observation. I seem to be getting a lot of feedback from guys in the Oil Industry. JB , I proudly stay in Malaysia. I am purely interested in this topic, because the trend is growing, not just in Singapore/Malaysia but also in Western Countries ???

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 1:00 am

The trend is growing in Western countries? :???:

Trends I noticed in my recent travelling to Holland (considered to be a Western country I believe) is more and more agression on the roads, lack of common courtesy / more rude behaviour by a lot of people, milder winters and still increasing prices for daily basic needs in supermarkets. Also, it seems that colourful wintercoats seem to be trendy this winter.

How would that compare to JB, I am interested to hear from Malaysian men called Tony?

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 9:48 am

:lol:
I proudly stay in Malaysia

:lol:

Yup, definitely Malaysian . . .

'nuff said Image

TONY123

Postby TONY123 » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:49 am

It seems people think I am a Malaysian Asian Man Now. That's no big deal if I was Asian, would be proud of it , but at 186cm tall fair skin and brown hair don't look very Asian. The reason I say proudly stay in Malaysia is for a decade I have been serving Singaporeans in JB and as much as I respect Singapore, it is a shame there is a percentage of Singaporeans who develop an attitude when they cross the causeway. The Singaporeans treat me with respect, but my Malaysian Staff don't enjoy the same.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:58 am

Hey! I'm 186 with brown hair!

Ok, let's just say you're what you are - then why, after 10 years here/there, do you feel you need to pose this question? Been a hermit?

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:09 am

I have to admit, every time I see a handsome Indian guy here, I start missing home (only one of the reasons I miss home, so don't dare to call me shallow :twisted: ).
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:11 am

sapphire wrote:I have to admit, every time I see a handsome Indian guy here, I start missing home (only one of the reasons I miss home, so don't dare to call me shallow :twisted: ).

You are shallow

'nuff said Image

TONY123

Postby TONY123 » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:14 am

Hey Vaucluse,
actually, in April 2005 my 14 year old son transfered back to Australia for his schooling and I was surprised at his Aussie school how many of the children's parents were - Caucasian Father/Asian Mother. I have nothing against this trend, but was purely interested to here peoples veiws on this growing trend.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:16 am

Its two people falling in love, or liking each other, or gelling together as a couple! Nothing more, nothing less. What's so difficult to understand there? :roll:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:18 am

Haven't got any views on it, is it really a growing trend :? I better be careful :wink:

But I must agree with Eric 100% on the growing trend for colourful winter coats in Europe :o

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 3:03 pm

Actually, tony may be right about one thing. When i lived here in 1989 it was considerably less common to see a Singaporean Chinese Female married to a white Western male, whereas now it is much more common. If anything, Singapore has become more cosmopolitan - and this also shows up in race relations. So, yes - i do agree that this is much more common now than in the past. Really quite nice if you asked me.

Nevertheless, I am still 50/50 on if "Tony" ia Anthony or Ruddinattoni...
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 12 Dec 2005 4:28 pm

It seems Tony is gaining acceptance, so:

I'd agree, especially if you look at Singapore and Australia - specifically Sydney - there are many more 'mixed' marriages and ensuing kiddies around - which is what the whole world's population will look like in a few millenia.

'nuff said Image

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 7:29 am

Bubbles wrote:One of the reasons expat men will give about liking local women is that they (very often mistakenly) consider them to be less bolshie and outspoken.

Only too true Bubbles. I can't speak for Singaporeans but I know this is a common misconception about other Asian races. What many western men fail to understand is if you marry for example a Filipina a man is expected to do all the paying while lady is boss in the house. The same is true of Japanese who like many Asian remained composed and dignified in public.

Plavt.

Wham
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Wham » Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:27 am

Bubbles and Plavt,

I have to say - i always found this to be the most perposterous of stereotypes - the idea of the demure quite asian woman bla bla bla - its like some bad stereotype left over from some really bad post ww2 hollywood films and pretty much dead.

I know many western men married to: Korean, Filipina, Thai, Malay, Singaoprean, Chinese, and Japanese women - and not only are NONE of the women "quiet and demure" - but i don't think one of the men ever expected them to be. Quite on the contrary, in my experience i see western men marrying the STRONG and OUTSPOKEN Asian women - and that in some way this is the attraction.

If anything, and i am SURE i am stepping in ^&%&^%* here - the quiet and demure ones are satisfied as second class citizens in say Japan and Korea - while the ones with a real joie de vie are the ones that break out of the mold and marry outside the race. I might also say that less adventurous western men stick with their own while the ones with progressive open minds are the ones willing to break out of their own norm - so this may cut both ways in a positive way.